• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

casting deck

smontanye

Question

3 answers to this question

smon,
I have done the same with a 16ft'er that I use to fish small out-of-the-way lakes. I have a 35hp on the back and the boat handles fine. Its when you start adding a trolling motor, batteries and a seat that you start to see a difference in speed.
Good luck,
GullGuide
>"////=<

Depending on the boat you have,it may get alittle tippy when your moving around up there.I had an old green Lund that I did the same thing to but found it a little unstable,although it wasn't a very deep boat. Good Luck!

I did the same thing to a lund S14 and ran that boat all over the state and had no problem I even cut a hatch in the plywood in between the seats for a storage area I would imagine you must run about 35-37 WOT with the rig now and would't think you would see more than a 1-2 mile an hour decrease in speed after the deck is installed in fact it will probabale help to keep the boat from porpasing when you are alone in the boat.
Mike