• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

help needed on past fishing show

Question

I am interested in finding out about a past fishing show, i believe it was based in duluth. It was on around 30? years ago. If anyone knows of a show, your help would be appreciated. Thanks,,

1 answer to this question

Do you know what the show was called?

My name is Susan Michaelson, associate segment producer for a new television show for the Home and Garden Television Network (HGTV.)

Our show features people who are returning home for some event that is important to them.

My supervising producer is interested in doing a story about someone going home to go ice fishing.

I saw your HSOforum, and thought you may be able to point me toward someone who might fit.

I'm looking for someone who:
has a great personality
Lives in a state other than their home state currently
Grew up ice fishing
loves their hometown
still has a lot of connections in their hometown (family, friends,
memories...)
would find the experience of being on TV fun
is planning on going to an ice fishing competition that takes place in
their hometown.

I realize this is a tall order--an that's why I need your help! Are you the subject I'm looking for? Do you know of anyone who is?

I can genuinely say the show is a fun experience for the participant. So far, we have taped 30 episodes, and everyone has had a great time featuring their hometown and taking a look at their life in this way.

We have a small approval process, but if approved, the show can pay for the airfare of the person home and the edited copy of the show is a fantastic keepsake of the journey home.

Please call me if you'd like to hear more or think you might have a possible candidate! I'd love to feature ICE FISHING!

Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,

Susan Michaelson
Associate Segment Producer
Pie Town Productions
323-851-2333 X285