Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Norco

Auger motors

4 posts in this topic

Why is it that many people have problems with the carb settings on Jiffy but not on Strikemaster when they use the same motors?? Does Jiffy not set the jet screws on assembly?

A friend of mine bought a Jiffy Legend five years or so ago and it ran for dump and the company told him to take it on warranty into a service center so they could make an adjustment. He said the company told him a bunch of auger idle screws or jets had been set to run in conditions that were too warm for the north country.

That could explain my problem today, the other day it was 0 here in Saskatchewan Canada and the Jiffy ripped through the ice but today it was -20 C and boy did I have troubles but luckily I had a screw driver and fiddled with the jet screws. They should tune some for our cold Saskatchewan winters.

Majority of the carb problems are with the 3hp Tecumseh. Jiffy sells far more 3hp augers then Strike Master. Therefore you have the chance of having a higher percent of carb problems.