Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
bry c

reel issue

I have a graphite body reel that works fine at home but as soon as gets outside it is hard to crank. I think the grease sets up. Any suggestions as to how to clean and
re-lube the reel without effecting the graphite?

I've had a similar problem with spinning reels used for winter trout fishing in Minnesota. I took the side plates off, cleaned the gears and interior of the housing as well as possible with a light duty solvent (without taking everything apart), cleaned the gears with a light duty solvent and relubricated with reel oil - a heavy weight synthetic motor oil would probably work well too. I use that in my snowblower and it turns over easier with synthetic in the cold - not that there's been a concern with cold this winter!!

I would probably relube with grease for the warm water season.

For my ice fishing spinning reels, I take out all the grease and use several drops of light machine oil{3in1 oil]. Like was said before, regrease it before you use it for extensive casting in the summer. I have one German-made reel from the early 60's that is so tight in tolerances that to use it in winter I had to clean it completely and use only WD40. I was finally told that the reel is a collector's item and I was an one-who-thinks-I-am-silly for using it. I bet the guy that sold it to me at a garage sale for a dollar wishes he had it back.