• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Nice fall weekend coming up...

Duck season opens in most of eastern South Dakota, and the fishing has been hot all summer long. Normally at this time of year, I'm itching to shoot a few birds, but I must say that I really want to keep on fishing. So I'll be on one of the northeast glacial lakes this weekend enjoying some nice fall weather, and hopefully some hot fall fishing.

What's everyone else doing this weekend?

Ducks in the morning and I will probably be on one of the Brookings area lakes in the afternoon. I have been itching to shoot some birds and usually give up fishing once hunting season rolls around, but the fishing has been downright spectacular. I just wish this weekend would be a carbon copy of today.

Went hunting Saturday morning. Was back home by 8 with a limit of teal and mallard. Hooked up the boat and went out to Sinai. Fishing was good, but not as good as it has been. Went back out duck hunting this morning, plenty of birds, the shooting left plenty to be desired. Ended up with 2 teal, and 1 woodie.

Overall, a fantastic weekend.

Went hunting Saturday morning. Was back home by 8 with a limit of teal and mallard. Hooked up the boat and went out to Sinai. Fishing was good, but not as good as it has been. Went back out duck hunting this morning, plenty of birds, the shooting left plenty to be desired. Ended up with 2 teal, and 1 woodie.

Overall, a fantastic weekend.

How's the water level on Sinai?