Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  

which auger to buy?

Now that our is working properly I wouldn't go with anything else but our Strikemaster Lazer Mag Ultra, 3 blade 9 inch. I hear the Lazer Mag Express is good too, 2 blade 8 inch. Good luck!!

----------

Fishn'Lady

I have a 3hp Jiffy 9" Legend Stealth with that new cutting design. I love to cut holes because it just flies through the ice. Starts first pull every time. People said the 3hp is too heavy but unless I was running a marathon with it the extra 7 lbs. is no big deal. The extra weight actually seems to help the auger through the ice.

hand auger by far, lazer 6"

i dont need a power auger yet at my age so ill be just fine with the hand auger. never had a problem with this thing. and the lazer cuts faster than most power augers also.

It's really this simple. Decide how wide you want your holes. Buy an auger with that size blades. Decide whether you want the extra power of a 3hp or the lighter weight of a 2hp. Buy that size head. Jiffy, Strikemaster, Eskimo? It's almost a who-cares question. The cutting systems are a little different on each one, but the motors basically are the same, and there are thousands of satisfied customers for each brand.

Jiffy and Strikemaster cost more than Eskimo because they advertise more. Eskimos are cheaper because they advertise less. All three are good.

I have a Strikemaster XL-3000, which is a 3hp 10-inch, and I like it just fine. I'd like a Jiffy just fine, too. If it runs and cuts, it's a good auger.

Don't be afraid to buy used, either. I did, paying $150 for a two-year-old auger that cost $300-plus new. Haven't regretted it for a moment.

So pick the size you want and get the best price you can for any of the big three brands in that size, then cut like crazy and take good care of it.

[This message has been edited by stfcatfish (edited 01-10-2003).]

I agree Bushwhacker The STEALTH is just one ice eating machine Eh.

The 2HP rips through just as well, even with a 9" lower unit.

That blade system don't care what kind of ice you got, soft, chewy, hard, wood, sand, gravel, guardian fish, space ships...whatever...it will chew it up with ease.

RRRR...fish....RRRR...fish...RRRR...><,,>

Yup-Yup, I vote JIFFY!

------------------
Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson..><sUMo>

Backwater Guiding
"Ed on the RED"
(701)-281-2300

backwtr1@msn.com

http://ed-carlson.fishingbuddy.com

[This message has been edited by Backwater Eddy (edited 01-10-2003).]

Pig_sticka, I used the hand auger last year and things were fine until a late season venture out on URL and the ice was about 3 1/2 feet thick. I was on my knees for the last 6 inches or so.

Just wait until the ice is another 1 1/2 feet thicker and see if you think the same way smile.gif

[This message has been edited by upnorth (edited 01-12-2003).]

Ya, it could be worse.

When I started ice fishing we chopped all the holes, 3' of ice or whatever. Yes it sucked, but nobody had power augers in those days.

It all breaks down to how much work you want to do to fish.

As you get older, the spud bar gets used less then ever.

wink.gif

------------------
Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson..><sUMo>

Backwater Guiding
"Ed on the RED"
(701)-281-2300

backwtr1@msn.com

http://ed-carlson.fishingbuddy.com

It doesn't really matter which brand auger that you end up getting, they all will do the job. Most people will be biased towards which brand they use, which is understandable. All of the three main brands will cut very simalarily, so i would see what kind of price that you can get, and go with which ever one is cheaper. I personaly use an older eskimo, but have used both a Jiffy and a Strikemaster, and they all three have worked well for me.