• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Deer tags

DonBo

Yep I about threw the keyboard when I ordered mine earlier this year.

Thats what I say when they talk about non-resident fishing licenses here. If they want to charge an arm and a leg for public game then bring on the two hundred dollar fishing license. Whats a couple hundred extra dollars for the price of your fishing trip.

Cost me $900 for a montana elk tag. I don't cry about it. If it is that big of deal I'll just move into the state. I think states should charge as much as possible for NR tags and license. Reward the residents of the state who make the sacrifice to live here year-around.

Reward the residents of the state who make the sacrifice to live here year-around.

And penalize the non-resident who comes over and spends lots of cash already on gas and groceries and restaurants and bars and.....you get the idea. Just doesn't seem right to me, that 30% increase in one fell swoop is tough to swallow.

If non resident dollars are so insignificant why do I see so many tourism ads on tv saying come to south dakota. Give me a break that having people come to your state or any other state--for any reason-- doesn't help alot of businesses bottom line, especially rural areas. If they are running expensive tv ads to attract people it has got to be important to more than 1% of the general population. I know all the establishments my deer hunting party of 6 visits(hotels, bars, restaurants, gas stations, etc) are extremely happy we are there. The big cities and popular rural attractions get the "tourist" dollars while the smaller towns more adjacent to better hunting areas are getting the "hunters" dollars. I am sure that the 6 of us will spend easily over 4000 dollars total, includind tags, this year on our trip.

jeff

If non resident dollars are so insignificant why do I see so many tourism ads on tv saying come to south dakota. Give me a break that having people come to your state or any other state--for any reason-- doesn't help alot of businesses bottom line, especially rural areas. If they are running expensive tv ads to attract people it has got to be important to more than 1% of the general population. I know all the establishments my deer hunting party of 6 visits(hotels, bars, restaurants, gas stations, etc) are extremely happy we are there. The big cities and popular rural attractions get the "tourist" dollars while the smaller towns more adjacent to better hunting areas are getting the "hunters" dollars. I am sure that the 6 of us will spend easily over 4000 dollars total, includind tags, this year on our trip.

jeff

There is no doubt that non-res and res hunters' money alike is valued in many small towns, but these towns will live and die with agriculture. Especially with our grasslands disappearing.