• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Joe Mauer

schmitty3

They pointed to where to sign the contract and Joe couldn't write fast enough lol. The move to Target Field has killed him mentally just like any lefty bat in there, unless you're Jim Thome. The controlled dome environment was a hitters paradise, I played their enough to realize how awesome hitting in there was, no sun, no wind, no helicopters,jets,rain, no nothing, just a pure hitters park and opposing teams struggled at times in their defensively. Joe could reach left field easier to the seats, now 95% of those are F-7's. Not catching is hurting him more than helping him also at the plate, seeing the pitches and learning the ump's zone for the day etc. he used those little things to his advantage and should. He'll be an Edgar Martinez soon enough, without power. Runs about as fast also. Regardless of parks the double play killers and strikeouts have nothing to do with the park, it's not being crisp and feeling it at the plate, makes me wonder about some illegal substances that he and morneau maybe were dabbling in b4 the serious testing came about. You can't say I feel great better than ever and perform like he did last year.

Blue Healer Guy... I realize he has not played up to $23MM per year but I don't think he stole anything? The Twin gave him the contract, he could be hitting in Boston right now with all those F-7's being 2Bs off the green monster hitting in a 2 or 7 spot in the order with legit lineups behind him. Who's to say? Anyway I just feel like so many people act like because he is paid so much and that he cheated someone... The Twins pay him to sell tickets, jerseys, do ads on national TV when we lose 90+ games every year.

Now I am not giving JM a pass either, he has played horrible and I really hope he comes back to form.

As with all contracts he was making the Twins 3X what they were paying him before the contract so now he is getting paid over what he should, I won't cry for the Pohlad Family.

And getting drilled with near 100MPH shots at times lol, hey Dubnyk and Joe are both 6'6" lol. The making the twins 3x what they paid him well then we should be picketing target Field demanding some of that 3x be paid to some other horses or future horses, maybe that's the theory with all these prospects that are on their way, hopefully on their way and no Ryan Leaf's in the mix lol.

That hot streak really only needs to be a warm streak, ranking currently 27th at first base with 1 RBI and no extra base hits, he'll be 32 April 19th. Best part about baseball is there's always tomorrow. Maybe a night game will get him going.

What Donbo ? Both hits really ? Yes that is something to watch this season, that takes away from me calling him a Lyle Overbay or James Loney. Haven't seen a single inning yet, but have heard Dan Gladden's take on it all. Really, for Joe's sake, I hope he can come out of this and show some of that value they signed him for, before an injury sets him back again, he'll be 32 on Sunday I believe, it won't get easier as far as on the body goes.

Arcia got us to a 3 pack ! I'm far from being Moli, but this experiment at first base has failed really. Move him back to catcher where he is 100% confident and comfortable, he helps our team there in pitch selection, defensively, the little nuances of it all etc. There is nothing to save him for at the age of 32. Split him and Suzuki 81 a piece and DH. Let Vargas have 1st. Seems like since that switch to first almost like he's not really enjoying the game as much as when he was catcher. You are more of a factor at catcher in a ballgame then you are standing and receiving throws at first, he left his comfort zone behind the mask, the position he primarily played his whole life. Good work by Gibson, that can help a team look better.

1 for 4 but 3 big RBI's has to help his confidence today, I think Duensing likely made his last winter caravan last winter. What's up with Millone guy ? That's really huge to have 2 solid back to back starts by Gibson and Tommy. Now KC fans can feel our pain a little, we end their perfect start and take em in back to back games lol, supper in KC tonight is how could we lose to the "lowly" twins twice in a row. Well ya did ! Alright getting the ship/boat back on it's plane some.

Arcia got us to a 3 pack ! I'm far from being Moli, but this experiment at first base has failed really. Move him back to catcher where he is 100% confident and comfortable, he helps our team there in pitch selection, defensively, the little nuances of it all etc. There is nothing to save him for at the age of 32. Split him and Suzuki 81 a piece and DH. Let Vargas have 1st. Seems like since that switch to first almost like he's not really enjoying the game as much as when he was catcher. You are more of a factor at catcher in a ballgame then you are standing and receiving throws at first, he left his comfort zone behind the mask, the position he primarily played his whole life. Good work by Gibson, that can help a team look better.

Mauer wouldn't be able to catch 30 games in a year. Someone his size can't be a catcher for the years he has been doing it as an amateur and as a Pro. and continue doing it on a regular bases at his age.

Then someone go tell AJ Pierzynski and Brian McCann you boys are too tall to be catcher at an 1" and 1/4" shorter then Joe. Joe has slugged 1 extra base hit since the season started lol, that's really ugly for a seasoned veteran feeling better than ever, former batting champion. 1 extra base hit and 1 run scored for the season I'd say is a slow start.

Well lets update to where we are on May 13th. .286 and zero jacks, 6 feet 5 " guy has a goose egg still while half a dozen guys are into double figures already. Lowest slugging % on the team. Ranking 29th at first base, cashing a million or more every 2 weeks. Quit batting him 3rd already, maybe 6th or 7th would be best. Strikeouts are 2/1 over walks. IDK but these 1/3 nights with a tapper hit and a walk then 1/4 etc. How do they say that "Have a night Joe" . Sooner than later before you're on the DL.

1 more painful stat........his last 1,026 at bats = 15 homeruns and many of those were squeakers just creeping out not included were about 125 walks where I don't doubt he saw a driveable strike in the at bat. More pain is the current league leader in Homeruns is at 15 this season in the toughest park to hit homers in, Seattle. Ok no he's not a homerun type a guy but when you're batting .286 you better have some slugging % in ya. We now have a poor poor man's Mark Grace even feeble er. I hear that Joe can crack long balls at will in BP so .................. what's up ? Wind aided tilt ? Foul pole tilt ? You can't soak up checks at first base and not hit a few jacks. Many nights on CBS.sports.radio and the game ended with this.....crack a long drive gone Rockies win etc. How many games were won this year because of the runs produced via the long ball, no wonder he married when he did, if chicks dig the long ball he Christian Pondered her to the alter asap before the massive decline. I've voodoo'ed you enough Joe, shut me up and jack a pair tonight !

oh man that1guy, honestly he should be demoted to triple AAA until he's raking line drives all over the field, if that fails AA, if that fails A, I mean idk, been telling my mom for maybe 4 years call me when he's the best hitter of the ballgame on either side, checked caller ID back 4 years and there's no call from mom.