• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Joe Mauer

schmitty3

.266 and .196 in May, I guess the batting average fantasy has or is falling apart now as well. 2 jacks and 10 ribbies facing so many righties is a disaster. His strikeout rate is close to surpassing his walks on the year. He isn't the only one faultering hard this season, most are underperforming. The plane rides are going to be longer then normal this year. The 0-9 start did mean something and that something isn't good for the twins fan. Dan Gladden doesn't know what to say on the radio but none of em will touch the golden boy or the other meaning the coach. They rip dozier,sano,plouffe etc. everyone but the Cretin boys and they should share the blame as much as anybody else. Even Joe's grandpa says he should produce more then he is.

in comparison to the Phillie's first basemen that we played against last night Mauer doesnt look so bad after all. Ryan Howard is making $25 million and batting .145 and recently got benched.

There are a lot of things wrong with the Twins, Joe Mauer is near the bottom of the list.

Ok, you found Ryan Howard, I about threw up tonight when I heard Joe Mauer asking for your all-star vote. I turned up the radio then he said" I approve this message." Tonight is deadline to vote. I look at his stats so he's saying please vote for me I'm a good guy and he is. But ish his 277 AB's have produced 7 bombs 26 RBI's and a .264 average. Slugging % lower then a year ago. 43BB 56K's 1 steal. On base % .31 lower then career average. He wants your vote really now. Let's see where he stacks up against MLB 1st basemen who would also like to go. Mauer, against only 1 baggers now ranks 13th in BA, tie for 26th in tilts, sole posession of 25th in RBI yet has the 10th most at bats of all firstbasemen. How can one explain a batting champion, mvp, etc have 7 jacks in his last 277 ab's and Madison Bumgarner in his last 277 ab's has 11 bombs ? That seems like an odd stat how can Bumgarner seeing live 90mph+ batting every 5 days vs live stuff do that ? Grooving it to him I guess but there's almost no doubt now about Joe's concussion to be asking for your all star vote with a .264 7/26 at the 1 bag it must have been a bad one. 

On 9/18/2017 at 10:33 AM, rundrave said:

A 34 year old former catcher with concussion issues is having a great season. Get that guy a gold glove.

BTW Joes next double will be his 400th of his career and he is also leading the team I believe in doubles this season as well.

Great! He is finally earning a contract close to what he is being paid. :D

31 minutes ago, Big Dave2 said:

Great! He is finally earning a contract close to what he is being paid. :D

Joe was also the 74th highest paid player the year he won the MVP. You may say he is over paid now but he was underpaid 1st half of his career.

@Bobby Bass   I don't think Joe is a future Hall of Famer, not even close to borderline but a great player none the less. I think if the Twins would have made a deeper playoff runs back when Morneau was healthy and Santana was Cy-young would have helped. But Joes playoff numbers are terrible. I could maybe see HOF if he would have stayed at catcher his entire career though.....

But he will more than likely end up winning a gold glove at 2 positions, and with one being catcher that is pretty elite.

38 minutes ago, Bobby Bass said:

Big Dave most if not all pro contracts are paying you for what you have already done with the hope that you will continue to produce. Looking at todays contract Joe's is not to out of line for a future Hall of Famer

Hall of Fame? You must be joking......

28 minutes ago, rundrave said:

Joe was also the 74th highest paid player the year he won the MVP. You may say he is over paid now but he was underpaid 1st half of his career.

Every player starts out like that. No one starts out with a 23 m dollar contract. He still averaged about 15 million per year for his career, that average probably goes up if he plays past 2018. I think he will be ok.

On 9/17/2017 at 5:08 PM, going4it said:

Really only when bases are empty? Check the stats. 

Bases Empty .295

Runners on .327

RISP .330

Sorry, but his 60 some RBI for someone who's hitting over .300 is exceptionally low.  Especially for the number of games he's played.

Yes, a little low.  Remember he is hitting from the 2 spot.  He follows the teams leader in RBI's in the line up and still has been remarkably effective when he has come up with runners in scoring position.  He is an on base guy, why he bats 2nd, he sets tne heart of the order up.

Plus the Twins line up, is pretty even 1-9 in regards to RBI's, save for our catchers.

8 hours ago, ANYFISH2 said:

He is an on base guy, why he bats 2nd, he sets tne heart of the order up.

Only 9 players in all of baseball have a higher BA and OBP than Joe. Of those only 1 is in the AL. I would happily give up 10-15 HR a season in return for 30 points of OBP.

40 minutes ago, rundrave said:

Only 9 players in all of baseball have a higher BA and OBP than Joe. Of those only 1 is in the AL. I would happily give up 10-15 HR a season in return for 30 points of OBP.

Actually, Joe Mauer is 16th in batting average this year. Of those 16 players:

Only 2 Have less RBI
Only 1 has a worse SLG %
None have less stolen bases
None have less HR's
NONE make more $$$.

On 9/20/2017 at 6:02 PM, Big Dave2 said:

Hall of Fame? You must be joking......

Nope

Based on votes cast so far, projections are predicting next Tuesday he will officially be in the baseball a hall of fame 😛

Start making Arrangements to be in Cooperstown July 21st.