• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

modifications for fish trap voyager?

pbowhunter

Question

6 answers to this question

I made a rod holder out of the kind of tubes that you would use to put into your golf bag. I cut the tubing into six lengths, screwed them into a piece of 1"x1"x24" wood and then bolted that with two screws to the sled to hold the rods vertical. The rod buts fit snug into the tubes, but I cut a "U" shaped groove about an inch deep into the top of the tube to lock the reels into place.Now I can reach behind my chair and re-tie a rig without removing the rod from the holder with the top up or down. That almost cost $1

I think a big fan and motor like on a paraglyder mounted on back would be the real deal.

Fire that mother up, and boogie across the ice to the next spot, just like an air-boat or a snowplain.

WEEEEEE...HAAAAAAAAA!!

Sure would add a whole new element of fun/danger to the ice fishing game, don't ja know!

I can see it now the 2003 "Death Trap Nationals" ice Racing team on TNN at Gull Lake.

grin.gif

------------------
Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson..><sUMo>

Backwater Guiding
"Ed on the RED"
(701)-281-2300

[email protected]

http://ed-carlson.fishingbuddy.com

[This message has been edited by Backwater Eddy (edited 01-10-2003).]

Sound fun Backwater!! I have not had the pleasure of sailing across the lake. I think in the long run anchoring even when not needed gives me more fishing time so I dont have to run after it. At a drop of a hat we get 30mph winds here in wcmn.

Havent done nothing with my trap but string a light(hate the lantern)

Hey Backwater hows the river after this warm weather.

The river ice has definate spooky areas. Most is 6-11", not all.

I drilled holes where sleds went that was less then 2" and less then 4' away it was 9". To me that is kinda spooky Eh.

Stay clear of bridges and necked down areas, and Dams.......DA. I seen sled track right up to dams on the ice, #@$%^ NUTS or what?

Shallow runs have thin ice from flow and the warm weather, know where your going is very wise.

Fishing has been fair to good if you work at it. wink.gif

Ed

------------------
Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson..><sUMo>

Backwater Guiding
"Ed on the RED"
(701)-281-2300

[email protected]

http://ed-carlson.fishingbuddy.com