• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lund Rebel 1440V TILLER

Dan DAN the fisherman

Question

Since I got no reply about tracker boats I thought I would look at Lunds. I need a small enough boat that a 15hp 4-stroke will push it because the lake I fish a lot has a 20hp restriction. I want a boat with a live well and a casting deck. Anyone have experience with this boat? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, DanDANthefisherman.

------------------

3 answers to this question

On a boat of that size and caliber,you'd do well to check into Sea Nymph or NorthWood.You'll get all the same options possibly more for less $$$.In '96 I was in the market for that size rig and I looked at them all.I finally decided to go with Sea Nymph.At that time it was laid out better than the Lund,saved about 1,200 too.Take the money you save and buy the biggest outboard your boat will handle or in your case the lake restriction will allow.It really sucks to be under powered in the wind!Been there done that.thats why I sold the Nymph.I went to buy a bigger motor,and came home with a bigger motor attached to abigger boat.**** Salesmen!! Good Luck!

I have a Rebel 1650V Tiller Model with a Mercury 15 horse 4 stroke. I fish small lakes only and like the boat and motor a lot. I did not get electric start and wish I had. A 4 stroke pulls harder and I'm getting weaker. If you are going to fish big lakes buy a larger motor but the 15 is great otherwise.

Thankyou, Buddy and Thankyou, DickUrban.I've heard a lot of good things about Lund through the years. I live in Colorado and I don't think there are any Northwood dealers here,but I will look into Sea Nymph.
Thanks again,
Dan DAN the fisherman

------------------