• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Goodbye Delmon Young

Getanet

Good post bowhunter!

Yeah Zamboni forgot about those stats or other intangibles like, throwing bats at umpires, starting fights on National TV with your teammates, coming to camp 30 pounds over weight, on base percentage, strike out to walks ratio, base running blunders, fielding like a 5th grader, situational hitting, personalty deficiencies.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.....still waiting. guess those stats must be hard to find or perhaps non-existant?

Just remembered a couple other "awesomeness" stats. I know for a while there early on this season, cuddy was mentioned on strib of needing the most at bats to record his first rbi. and I believe he also had the recognition of having the fewest rbi's amongst those with at least 100 at bats. not sure if he managed to hold on to those coveted titles or did someone else knock him off the throne for those awesomeness recognitions?

Heres one: Slow April, yet will still be team MVP at seasons end. How's that? Oh, and he was an all star, something Delmon probably won't ever be.

Sorry, not too much of a numbers guy. I am more of a see things and make sense out of it. Like Delmon might not have many errors, while as a number thats great, but as a person that has a brain and observation skills, I have noticed he is an [PoorWordUsage] in the OF.

Does that work? We know you don't care for Cuddyer, thats great but he is still 10 times the player Delfatty will ever be.

Wasnt Cuddy an all-star because every team has to be represented?

He was an All Star because he was on a big tear for the 2 months leading up to the game. Liriano had a no-no before the All Star game, Baker was on fire pre all star break, but Cuddyer deserved it a little more. BTW, 9/10ths of the time when a team like the Royals or even us this year send a rep they never get on the field other than introductions, Cuddyer played.

If cuddy gets top ten in mvp vote then guess you are right pier. In the meantime maybe you should help zamboni find those real stats to post.

Top ten in MVP vote for Cuddy? Maybe on the Twins, not a chance in the AL unless he goes around buying votes like a Chicago politician.

As an aside, this year's AL MVP race is one of the best in recent memory. Granderson, Ellsbury, Adrian Gonzalez, Bautista, Verlander, Cabrera, Cano, you can make a case for any of them. Jered Weaver, Pedroia and Michael Young are having great years also.

Sled, you come out of retirement..er, r u done---darn, too many beers, forgot the word for respect of the dearly departed--where you been anyway for Delmon's new life?

I know, I saw the bass pics...you been FISHING! That's alot more important. Way to go with that boy of yours. I'm jealous you are still catchin' them and all I can do is reminisce (sp?) about my Cass trip. But I been eatin' 'em! Good ole Rock Bass come through to save the fish fry...and not a complaint from anyone in the group Sat pm. Just might do it again this weekend while I ponder applying for the GM job at the Cubs.

(Now you know I've had too many beers)

Time to switch gears....it was too early when the forks were inserted, but now I say...GO PACKERS!

Geno. I feel so bad for you, I almost want to next day air you some walleyes and take you fishing on a good Minnesota walleye lake so you know what it's like. A man should never have to go slumming and eat a rock bass. Think about your health.

rl8.jpg

That there is a real beaut.

Thanks for the offer Sled. Just keep catching 'em and then I'll send my UPS acct # and address. In the meantime, I think I'll yank a LMBass outta my freezer.

PS Ding..ding...ding...The magic word was "mourning".

As in: Sled was mourning the departure of Delmon while on his bass fishing trip.

My care meter for all things twins is at it's lowest point since 2001

Word. I was actually going to post a new thread asking if anyone was actually watching them anymore this season. I always thought the dome was a toilet, but it was a special place that going into to 7th or later and Twins could be down by 3 or 4 runs and always seem to have a chance. Target Field might be gorgeous, but it isn't the same.

i still watch and always will.

when you sit down at night at 8 pm, there is absolutely nothing else to watch on tv in the summer time.

Yep, although I find myself surfing a bit more these days inbetween pitches.