• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Chad Reed Millville (Spring Creek)

chasineyes

incredible crash!

motocross riders are some of the toughest athletes in the world and Reed has proven to be one of the toughest in the bunch

Does anyone here remember the magazine Crash & Burn which was on the newsstands from the the '70s thru the '90s? I was the editor during much of it's run and I raced back then too- I'd get so whipped sometimes I felt like puking in the pits afterwards!

Much more to it than twisting a throttle and turning the bars....

Stick, those crash and burn mags were awesome ! did you write the captions? still look for em on the news stand, but havent seen em for years ,i have a few old ones i saved they rock! you guys are right about MXrs tough as nails for sure plus a lot of talent and guts!

Milleville is a huge track with big air. That crash could have been a lot worse like if he landed on his feet or hands! That jump is way bigger then it looks as well!

Scary crash none the less. I remember the days of running around down on that track! Gotta route for the local guys though!

Stick, those crash and burn mags were awesome ! did you write the captions? still look for em on the news stand, but havent seen em for years ,i have a few old ones i saved they rock! you guys are right about MXrs tough as nails for sure plus a lot of talent and guts!

yeh I wrote the captions with the help of my pals- I would invite them over for pizza and beer and throw all the pics out on the table and they'd throw out ideas for funny caps and I took notes- lots of fun. The last issue I think was 1994. I would love to do another with perhaps more car racing shots but it probably wouldn't sell these days. The problem with C&B was no one would advertise in it like they would in Dirt Bike or Dirt Wheels. Glad to see someone remembers the mag!!

Yeah Stick more like hilarious !i subscribed to dirt bike back then ,as i used to be a terror on my old cr 125,just reserected my dirt biking ways again with the purchase of a xr 650 man it didnt take long to remember the dos and donts as crash and burn shown !

I was at the Millville track to see Ricky Carmichaels last national race. We were standing at the bottom of the big hill with the hairpin turn at the top thinking I'm not sure if I would even try to run my bike up it (DR350 ) .At the end Ricky did a slow (Walking pace ) wheelie up the whole hill one handed waving at the crowd , I miss watching the Goat.