• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lowrance LCX 15, any info ?

Valv

Question

I was looking at the new Lowrance LCX 15, it really impressed me for display detail and features. Price might be a little high, but if it follows the X series, it should be a good one. I am looking at the MT (monochrome) model I don't need color. Anybody has any info regarding it ?

3 answers to this question

Looking at the same unit for my rig. It seems like alot of money but lowrance makes a quality product and I put alot of faith in the one I currently own. If you have never owned a high quality locator this one might be a good place to start! Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie

I too am considering the mt unit,it has been the topic of many discussions on walleye cenral.com, mainly the scroll speed and the updates that lowrance has already added since its release, It has many features that I may not need, but maybe sometime I will?I'd like to see one on the water before I purchase one, not that I think its over rated but I believe in buying tools that will perform and last for years, I've been more than pleased with my LMS350a, so if its as good as they say, I'll probably own one...

The X15 seems to be a nice unit but the GPS needs some work. It doesn't have a lot of features. I have had several GPS units from Lowrance and the LMS1600 is much easier to operate here are some of the features it has. You can turn off the symbols for your waypoints you can't on the X15. Why I like that is your whole screen is not clutter up with the names and symbols. Finding a waypoint on the X15 has too many buttons to push and I can go on and on about it. I am not saying it is a bad unit it is not a user friendly as some if there other units. I hope Lowrance upgrades it in the future.