• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

"Summer Peak" Walleyes

A lot of anglers would say that the Summer Peak is the best time to get on the Walleyes. This should be happening real soon as water temperatures climb and weeds reach their maximum growth. I was wondering what some of the signs of the beginnings of this bite are. Water temps, forage, depths to fish, presentation, etc. I like to fish Walleyes but have yet to get in on the Summer Peak. Any hints guys?

I would say that really depends on the type of lake you are fishin. In deep clear lakes, I like to look for deep weed lines and any weed related fish because they tend to be more aggressive. On shallow prarie lakes, fish seem to scatter on the basins. Mid 70s is when I start looking for new patterns, or anytime early summer patterns seem to wear down.

A lot of the lakes I fish are near the metro. Mainly weed oriented lakes with stained water. The bad thing is they all get hit pretty hard. Fishing during the week or at night helps though. I hear a lot of rumors about the Summer Peak and would like to get on the Walleyes to see if it's a better bite than peak bite in Fall.