• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

High Tech Question

Seabass77

Question

Does anyone have a good method they could share for keeping your buckets from sticking together? I like to bring a couple of 5 gallon buckets with me for sitting, bait, misc but it's always a pain trying to seperate them on the ice. They don't want to come apart.

Any advice is appreciated.

- Joe

4 answers to this question

I assume you mean 2x4 at the bottom of one buckets to keep them the one from sinking all the way to the bottom of the other one?

Of course, many a time I would have liked to beat the [PoorWordUsage] out of the buckets with a 2x4 while trying to get them apart!

Thanks for your help.

Lots of times when buckets stick together, it's because they were wet, and when you try to pull 'em apart, the water seals 'em together (e.g. suction). If your bucket doesn't need to hold water, drill a small hole in the bottom of it. Should make getting them apart much easier unless they really got jammed together hard.

------------------
Best FISHES,
Matt