• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Which ATV to buy?

MJCatfish

Question

I'm guessing this question has been asked before, but here it goes.

Any input on which four wheeler to buy? I'm looking at buying new and haven't owned one.

Any good specials around west central Minnesota that anyone knows of?

I like the accessories that come with the pin attachments that the Arctic Cat has, but I know this shouldn't be the biggest factor in my decision.

Which one is the best for my money? I would like to get into anything that is 400cc or somewhere close to that. I've heard the 700s are too heavy for deep snow, etc.

Thanks,
MJ

Benny,

Does the hitching post deal suzuki as well?? I'll have to look them up when it comes time here... does that polaris have the option to go in and out of 4WD or is it full time 4WD?? did you opt for the auto or manual? why? are you happy with this set-up? the polaris seems like a heavier machine which is one reason I've not looked as hard at polaris - is it nimble enough on trails and what is yourtop speed... I've heard some negative on the IRS, why was that such an important factor in your decision?

I have no doubt that polaris makes a fine machine.. mainly interested in the suzuki for the 2wd to 4wd option vs. some of the other models... I don't believe it is quite as heavy as some either...

I bought the manual over the automatic just because I will never own a belt driven machine again. I have had a polaris and when the belt gets wet, if you are in the mud, you go no where the belt just slips. I like the manual because there is more power to the ground, there is no clutch that is moving, and manuals very seldomly have problems. I have heard of no problems with suzuki shifters, They were one of the very first atv's and have had solid machines for a long time. My thought on the IRS is that they ride nice, but when you get them in the mud they get packed with weeds, grass and mud, We spent alot of time pulling weeds off the drive shafts and a-arms of my friends polaris everytime we went playing. I just prefer the reliability of the straight axle. I think the vinson rides great.

fishnaddict, yes they do sell Suzuki.There were seveal vinsons at the St Anthony store, but there are two other stores also.I will list the numbers below, if you call the St Anthony store ask for Jack Scott.He is the sales man I used to buy the Polaris, can't say he would cut any deals but he seems fair about the sale.I tried to get a deal from them on buying two sportsmans but he said the price was below cost already.He may be telling the truth to some extent as the sales manager at Chopper City said they pay thet for them from Polaris.
Thanks, Benny

Hitching post St Anthony
2550 HWY 88
ST Anthony, MN. 55418
612-788-7600

Hopkins store
650 17th ave N
Hopkins, MN. 55343
952-933-9649

probally the best new machine around 400cc is the 2003 yami kodiak 450. its got all the same great features as the grizz, but about 1000 bucks less. 4 wheel independent suspension, and the great 4 wheel locking differetial. this thing is a great machine, that rides great.