• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What are you going to do if no hunting because of shutdown?

Finlander

Since the CO's are just giving our warnings for people fishing without a license I think I will hunt as well.

I have also bought archery and rifle tags every year for the past 20 years so they know I am good for it when they get things fixed.

I'd use the MN Constitution for my defense.

Sec. 12. PRESERVATION OF HUNTING AND FISHING. Hunting and fishing and the taking of game and fish are a valued part of our heritage that shall be forever preserved for the people and shall be managed by law and regulation for the public good.

Managed by law, not prohibited by law.

LightningBG, I've also been thinking a lot about the Constitution lately. I think it would be interesting to see a Fourth Amendment case made by the business owners who are out money/ their livelihood because the State insists on requiring a license that they cannot obtain for their legal businesses.

And, as you said, the RIGHT to hunt and fish has been taken away from those who have not yet purchased licenses.

Obviously, I'm no Constitutional scholar, but it would be interesting to see...

Being I was finally drawn for a Once-in-a-lifetime moose hunt after years of applying, the state already has my $310.00, and I didn't get my license in the mail yet, something would hit the fan. I don't even know what I would do yet, but I would be beyond angry... Just thinking about the possiblity of having the hunt canceled has my bloodpressure off the charts.

Being I was finally drawn for a Once-in-a-lifetime moose hunt after years of applying, the state already has my $310.00, and I didn't get my license in the mail yet, something would hit the fan. I don't even know what I would do yet, but I would be beyond angry... Just thinking about the possiblity of having the hunt canceled has my bloodpressure off the charts.

OUCH!!

As far as me, I will be in my treestand on Bow opener.

I figure it might cost about the same to hire a good lawyer and sue the state as it does to buy all the licenses by the time hunting is over, so why not put the money there and go hunt with everybody else. Maybe one might even come out ahead in the deal with a good lawyer!

Is hunting / fishing without a license the same as "poaching" I (not a lawyer or CO)consider "poaching" to be gross violations of game laws, taking game out of season or unsportsman like (shining / illegal baiting)or gross over possession limits. I don't think not having a license because the government is closed falls into the same category as "poaching".

If the state is not up and running by then, they will figure out a way to still sell tags 400,000 hunters x 28.00= 11,200,000.00$$$$

11 million dollars that is redonculous!!!!

Kettle

If the state is not up and running by then, they will figure out a way to still sell tags 400,000 hunters x 28.00= 11,200,000.00$$$$

11 million dollars that is redonculous!!!!

Kettle

you mean just like they found a way to keep 60,000 paying customers in the state parks over the holiday weekend?

I have a feeling there will be a lot more people crossing the border to Nodak and Sodak. While I agree that many will just go it and say they'll take their chances with tickets, there will undoubtedly be many who won't want to risk it. Too bad, too. There's a heck of a lot less public hunting land this year in Nodak than last year. Still won't be as bad as Minnesota, but pressure will rise as the CRP acreage precipitously drops...