• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Thermos Bottles

Question

8 answers to this question

Nissan or Zojirushi are the best "Hi-tech" thermos systems on the market.

I have a pint Nissan I can carry in my jacket, handy for a quick shot of Joe. They run about $30. If you snoop some you can get the 1.1 quart for about $30. www.cafemaison.com/cafemaison/mugs.html

corradocutlery_1715_11525202
corradocutlery_1715_11503486

The deal I really love is my Zojirushi air-pot. Oh son, that bugger keeps hot stuff hot for days, no kidding!
vrke30s.jpg

I bought mine in Fargo at the Red River Coffee Co. The store is in West Fargo across from the Sta-Mart in that new mall. They got good beans there too, Uf-Da. They have a web site too I think?

I use mine a lot while guiding. It hold a bit more then a pot of coffee and if you pre-heat it will boiling water it will seriously last 2 days and be nice and warm. I can set it on the ice and it will not melt snow, so they hold there heat very well.

They run about $45. Stainless steel outer case and a locking cap, well built and easy to clean. No glass, all hi-tech so no worries about dropping it. I bash mine around all the time, still works great. A good investment with a solid warranty.

------------------
Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson..><sUMo>

Backwater Guiding
"Ed on the RED"
(701)-281-2300

[email protected]

http://ed-carlson.fishingbuddy.com

[This message has been edited by Backwater Eddy (edited 01-07-2003).]

Nissan Stainless hands down! Since I have had one, my coffee stays hot twice as long as it did in a Stanley-and I carried one for years. The stainless is a true vacuum bottle. When you tap on the side you can feel it hum......T

BWE and Tbone,

I've got a question for you on the Nissan products. How durable are they? I had a Nissan travel mug that was bent and broken after just a couple of months of use.

My Stanley SS thermos is indestrucable. How about the Nissan thermos?

Nice to know you're a coffee geek, BWE....that makes two of us.

The Nissan Stainless takes a pretty good beating. I've had mine for three years and it goes with me everywhere. It has a dent or two in it alright, but no decrease in performance. Yep, I know the Stanley's can take a beating too. But these stainless jugs keep stuff hot a lot longer. I bought mine at Gander on a closeout sale. It was already dented and I got it for less than 1/2 price. Didn't care about the dent. I think the difference is the vaccuum between the fluid part and the outside. Anything like insulation between there can conduct the heat out of the fluid. Like Eddy said, just fill'er up with hot water before you put the coffee in and you're set........T

Nissan.
According to my wife, I have had my Nissan thermos for close to 10 years. She gave it to me for Valentines day way back when.
If you take the years of use devided by the cost, it is money well spent.
This past weekend I filled it with hot coffee after I emptied the hot water. This was at 4:30 A.M. I poured the last cup of coffee out of it at 5:00 P.M coming off Lake Winnie and it was still hot, not warm, hot.
Good Luck...

Yup-yup-yup huskminn...I like my coffee.

Good stuff...Yup-yup..gety-up-go-juice.

BLACK.......no sugar.......just BLACK as COAL!

Jig-jig-jig-jitter-juice......Yup...Yup!

BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

wink.gif