Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

GPS

10 posts in this topic

I don't know anthing about GPS's and I'm looking to buy one. Anyone know of a good brand and model?
Thanks

Don't want to spend alot of money but don't want to get lost either

Garmin makes a good selection of GPS's. I have the Garmin 12 GPS which works great and you can get it for around $150. They also have the new e-Trex that have more options but will cost around $250.

garmin is the best in gps navigation. i have the 12XL nice system but spendy around 200. if price is an issue walmart carries a lil garmin for around 100 its also a model of the etrex and is easy to use. if its just for hunting and fishing thats all you really need. i got my 12XL to use in forestry also. it just has more funtions. but for you if its just recreational go with the etrex for 100. i've used it and like it for the simplicity.

I agree with your choice of Garmin.

Be careful on what you spend on HSOList. For a 12 if you look you can get them for $135. Check Reed's in Walker

I found mine on Amazon for less than hsolist had it before Xmas. Also, saw it advertised at Scheels.

------------------
Phyl