• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Walleye

Rick

I fish that lake alot and have ok luck all summer. My best way to get bit is similar to the last reply. I like shad raps in perch color. I troll 'em deep on the points and work slow. I don't have a whole lot of luck with live bait, just plastic and wood this time of year. Good luck!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does anyonr have any walleye suggestions for Long Lake in Park Rapids. The general consesus from locals is that you cannot catch eyes in August on Long Lake. I'm out to prove them wrong.
Thanks!

October Walleye

Does anyone have any suggestions for catching walleyes in the fall? I am going to try my first fall walleye fishing trip in early oct this year. Any suggestions on where to find them and what to catch them with?

------------------
"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything."
Genesis 9:3

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Name a lake you love for walleyes under 10,000 acres.

I like Island lake by Northome. Great structure, can present a nice puzzle and it has walleyes.

I like Union Lake here in Polk County. Lots of structure and of course huge walleyes! A short distance from the shop. If I ever get a chance to go being I have that four letter word in my vocabulary WORK frown.gif The lake has big bass, big crappies, plus pike. Great lake to fish in the off season for wet bikes and water skiers especially during deer hunting being the west lake is 90 + ft deep and takes forever to freeze. Across the road you have Lake Sarah and a few miles north Maple Lake which has lots of nice eyes! Check these lakes out sometime if LaVoi doesn’t catch all the fish after I clue him in to the hotspots LOL grin.gif
Wayne “FISH”
www.icesaws.com

------------------
www.icesaws.com

[email protected]

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Is this topic worthy of it's own forum.

Let's hear from you walleye anglers.

Rick With the open water season coming up I think this would be a good idea, it can serve as a good spot for the guys to share there tips as to what type of presentations are workin on the differnt lakes and the differnt times of the year. Good idea, ricbak

In my favorite body of water to fish Eyes, we can fish them year round, they have already spawned and the main flow of the river has increased and risen substantially ( 3' to 8'). The river does flow into a large man made lake and has a varitey of structure, depths, and back bays.

What are some post spawn high water tactics that you would suggest? Water temps are climbing into the low to mid 50's and air temps have been unseasonably warm. 20+ degrees to be exact.

------------------
Good Fishing

Bob

Try throwing minnow-imitator stick baits like Rapala's or Husky Jerks. With those water temps, it sounds like a prime post spawn bite is near. You may also want to try the mouth of the river that leads into the lake, use jigs and minnows. Good Luck

------------------
MILLE LACS AREA GUIDE SERVICE
651-271-5459 http://fishingminnesota.com/millelacsguide/