• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ITS OFFICIAL= SEASON IS OVER

SledNeck

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have yet to go to Target Field, and won't be going to see these deadbeats this season, either.

The place I work has a plant shutdown every summer, already got plans to go to Kauffman to see the Royals/Cubbies and spend a weekend in KC. Can already taste the Jack Stack BBQ. Pretty bad when I'd rather go on a 7 hour drive and see another team. Twins won't get another dollar of mine until they go out and at least try to improve the team in the off season.

Have yet to go to Target Field, and won't be going to see these deadbeats this season, either.

The place I work has a plant shutdown every summer, already got plans to go to Kauffman to see the Royals/Cubbies and spend a weekend in KC. Can already taste the Jack Stack BBQ. Pretty bad when I'd rather go on a 7 hour drive and see another team. Twins won't get another dollar of mine until they go out and at least try to improve the team in the off season.

something is more wrong with you than the twins

You slam the Twins yet are going to drive 7 hrs to see the Royals and Cubs????

When Mauer and Nishi get back, the twins are going to be tough... may be too late but they will be fun to watch again. And with thier bad pitching, it should make for some wild games.

Yep you know it, Mr Homer. Your tubby buddy is at the top of the list to be traded, can't wait til that happens.

maybe the clubhouse leader of the ship that sinking will be the first to be tossed overboard?

hey, your Royals could pick him up then! He's good for 4.5 RBIs a month!

7 hours to go see two teams who for decades are the biggest mismanaged, pathetic, disappointing baseball teams in the american league? Now that’s funny right there. And a preposterous statement.... I'd go for the ribs (most defintiely), certaninly not for cubs and royals baseball.

7 hours to go see two teams who for decades are the biggest mismanaged, pathetic, disappointing baseball teams in the american league? Now that’s funny right there. And a preposterous statement.... I'd go for the ribs (most defintiely), certaninly not for cubs and royals baseball.

Well said HB. We love going to Kauffman for the BBQ and the stadium experience. It's one of our favorites, right behind Target Field. If you're going to see outdoor baseball in an awesome stadium, don't let the team get in your way. We've been to a dozen different major league ballparks, all have their own atmosphere, darn few have a winning ballclub year in and year out. We've seen Wriggley, Detroit, Cleveland, Seattle, Millwaukee, all are awsome parks, non of them have ever been winners and non have dissapointed, no matter what kind of club plays there.

If you want to boycott the Twins for whatever silly reasons you have, fine. But you're doing yourself a disservice by not seeing the experience that Target Field has to offer.

You slam the Twins yet are going to drive 7 hrs to see the Royals and Cubs????

You see, it is called a VACATION. I chose to go to Kansas City, a town I know backwards and frontwards after 2 of my 3 kids were born there and I lived there for 5+ years. BBQ, baseball at one of Americas most beautiful stadiums (for almost 40 years) Power and Light District, the Country Club Plaza, Oklahoma Joes and Jack Stack BBQs. The baseball game is just something that we are going to, not the sole reason for the trip.

I love the Twins, but I am getting sick of them not going out and trying to improve year after year, it used to be about winning a World Series, but to me it seems like the Pohlads are just happy with winning the Central. Big whoop. Taxpayers, including myself, paid for half of that stadium, the Pohlads owe us to at least show an effort to try and make it past the first round of the play-offs. This year they won't even finish above 3rd. That place will have a ton of empty seats once the novelty wears off and the team is back to mediocrity, which looks like it will be sooner than later.

Read my statement above. The games a bonus.

I agree. I myself just got to see a game at Target Field. We got some dugout box seats, right above the Twins dugout. And it was awesome. Just the whole atmosphere is amazing. Seeing them play somewhere else other than the dome was great. Plus there is just so much else you can do there if the game gets ugly. I would gladly pay good money to go there again just to take it all in.

hey, your Royals could pick him up then! He's good for 4.5 RBIs a month!

I will bet you Cuddys here long after "Mr Pulls a Rib ironically at the all you can eat rib night" <------- worlds longest nickname. Glad you got to pat yourself on the back for the first half of last season, Chubs has been non existant since then.

It would be a smart move to keep cuddy around long after this season at 10mil +.

Where would we be without his 11 RBIs ???(one more than Young, we dont need to say how many games each played either)

Enjoy your vacation in Kansas City. Dont get a sunburn on the beach.

Wrigley is still a draw....no matter how many overpaid guys are on the team.

But I couldn't tell you how many are Corporate America tix.

The average Gene can't afford it anymore.

PS Besides, even with great seats, I would still have to peek my way around all those vendors and that really burns my britches---I'll take HD and a coupla cheap tall frostys just fine at home while I also root against the WSox.

Having said that, can't the Twins PLEASE pick it up a notch to finish ahead of Windy's loveaffair team?

PPS Windy, what the h e double toothpicks happened to our Bulls????

A dozen Depends and a box of baby wipes going out to our beloved Bulls as they continue to soil themselves in the series. Boyz, got to win one in South Beach no matter how you slice it. Stomp them in Chi Town, squeek by in South Beach and then Kattie Bar the Door, let the games begin!

Windy

Ok. I'm ready to give up on the season now. Didn't take as long as I thought it would.

Here's an interesting read on some possible unloading.

http://espn.go.com/blog/the-gms-office/post/_/id/128/top-5-potential-sellers-at-trade-deadline

interesting that a national media guy thinks cuddyer has what sounds like significant trade value. I'd say if you got a team that thinks he's valuable, you jump all over that trade. I personally think Kubel has much higher trade value given his salary is 1/2 cud's but guess them being free agents at end of year plays into this.

I really like Thome and hope he can latch onto to a team that can contend for a title as long as it's not the yankees. Gotta think his career is about over so wouldn't mind seeing a guy like that going out on top.

have to think Pavano could be added to that list.

Quote:
interesting that a national media guy thinks cuddyer has what sounds like significant trade value. I personally think Kubel has much higher trade value given his salary is 1/2 cud's but guess them being free agents at end of year plays into this.

You answered your own question. Obviously based on the age and years in the league Kubel will command a higher salary so from a financial standpoint you would get a better bargain with Cuddy and better all around player of course.

I would agree although slightly Cuddy would have a higher trade value based on over-all play. Yes Kubels has a slightly higher career average than Cuddy .274 to .270 which is minimal at best. Throw in Mr Strike-outs "kubel" numbers and his career average against lefty's it adds up to Cuddy being worth more to just about ever team unless your looking for a left handed DH or pinch hitter with some pop that strikes out a lot.

Hence people who work and cover baseballs opinion that Cuddy has a higher trade value.. wink

I know hindsight is 20-20 and I under stand why they didn't dump this player but we should have traded Delmon last year which is pretty evident at this point. We actually, maybe could have got something decent for him versus the sack of potatoes we'll get for Cuddy, Kubel or Delmon now..

Bye bye Cuddy, I'd like to see Delmoney go too but I guess he doesn't have as much value as Cuddy, even with his huge salary... Should have traded Delmon last year when he was hitting out of his shoes and was actually worth something... Well, that came and went pretty fast..

Okay, so when you get rid of all these guys, who do you think is going to come in here, for less money and fill those spots? Geez, you all want someone for half price and twice the results. Ain't gonna happen guys, ain't gonna happen.

I think the reality of it is that in baseball, when you are a team with a high payroll that flops, quite often you become sellers as trade deadline nears as teams that think they can contend become buyers. Sellers often trade players who are on the upper end of their payroll and are in contract years. In return they get prospects.

Our twins are now a higher payroll team so unless something drastic happens, they fit the mold of seller. There's always players out there to fill holes of the guys that are traded albeit they might not be that good. Unfortunately, our farm system is basically nearly the equivalent of a bare cupboard so we may be in for a bit of a rebuilding period.

I do not know what's worse, the bullpen or Gardenhire's insistance on taking out someone who is pitching a good game because he hit that terrible 100 pitch mark!!!! Say what you want but Gardenhire has to GO!! This team needs new blood all around! Really sad to watch them! I know I'll get ripped for that comment but change can be good and it can't get any worse!