• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Pup!

Bobby Bass

Congrats!  Here's my youngest dog.  16 months old and thank God she only weighs 45 pounds.  She is either "on" or "off".  When she's on she could drive you nuts always running and wanting to play, when she's off she's the snuggliest dog I've ever had.  She tried to jump through a closed window the other day when I left her back at the cabin.  The window won.

image.jpeg

Edited by leechlake

Duncan Report

Reading the forum I see a scattering of announcements about new pups arriving at homes this Christmas. Great news as far as I am concerned as we all need dogs in our lives. My guy Duncan will be coming up on five this February and I try to keep up sharing him. I see him laying around on the floor and I always think that I thought he would be bigger but he has not grown for quite a while. He weighs about seventy pounds or so depending on how many dog biscuit he manages to con out of the family on any given day.

With the loss of Barney and Bud over the past fifteen months Duncan has filled a big hole. He has filled the niche of a family pet, a companion and when needed he does pretty good as a grouse buddy. I am toying with the idea of adding a pup to the household in the spring but nothing firm has been discussed. I do know that I will never be dog less. He almost always shows up in stories of Lake Iwanttobethere as he is always doing something so I guess that is why I have not updated this thread for while. The only recent picture I have of him is of him wearing reindeer antlers with a red bow tie that the granddaughter dressed him up in. I will leave that to your imagination as he told me ( I speak lab by the way) that he was embarrassed to be seen dressed that way.

As always I look forward to you sharing your pictures of your dogs as Duncan will come up and put his paws on the desk to look at your pictures. Until he learns how to use the mouse I have to show him the pictures..

A belated Happy Birthday to my wingman DUNCAN he turned five or 60 if you count months like we do here at Lake Iwanttobethere..

Duncan should be in his prime now and he is still playing the part of a puppy when he wants attention. He has gone from the hiding behind me stage when someone comes over to the bark and stands bravely next to me stage to the now stand in front of me and the "I got this boss stage" when someone comes to the door. After inspecting everyone he will give the OK and let them come into the cabin but no one gets to sit right next to me on the couch but him. He also has gone from sleeping at the end of the bed to trying to take my pillow from me now. Of course the old dogs did the same thing and it is nice waking up and having those eyes of his looking right back into mine. I still miss Buddy and Barney every day but he, Duncan is doing his best to fill the void. Matter of fact I just moved the doggie stairs away from the bed that the old dogs used because Duncan pretty much just steps right into bed with just a little hop.

Edited by Bobby Bass