• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Star Touring 950

boatfixer

Anyone have one, know of anyone who has one? Wanna get back into riding and it fits me nicely. Have owned and ridden a few diff bikes over the years just nothing in the modern era, EFI etc.

Not gonna go cross country, just something for nice day cruising and something to run back and forth to work.

I just bought my wife a vstar 950 as a surprise for her birthday. I got a chance to ride it around town a little and it seems to be a capable bike. decent power, handles nicely, very light, and a low sit in height. I figured the perfect bike for her to learn on. I also got a smokin' deal on it in February, it was a marginally more than the 3-5 year old vstar 1100's. The one complaint I have heard about these bikes is the vibration at highway speeds. I have not experienced it myself, but some have complained. It all depends on how big you are I guess, If you are taller and bigger, I would suggest stepping up into the vstar 1300. Almost identical, just bigger. Good Luck.

Go for it! Last year when I weighed 280 I rode the wifes a few times and it was just fine. Only complaint that I had was it was not real big size wise but then again I am 5 inches taller than you. She absolutly loves it and has had no issues with vibrations at highway speeds. Take care and N Joy the Ride././Jimbo