• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Another Dumb Otter Question.........

Dr. Bob

Question

5 answers to this question

I have an Otter Lodge and only use 2 holes.If you drill more than that you limit yourself on room for your heater, vexilar, bait and beer and only small spot to walk to go outside. Also I would think if you cought a fish and had 4 lines that close together you would have a big tangled mess

We also have the Otter lodge. We usually only go with two holes for two people. Sometimes we will do three holes but not in a straight line. We will do one hole on each end of the sled and if we want the third we will put it between the two but out a bit, kind of like a V shape. That way the person(s) in the sled have a nice big spot to step on the ice when getting out instead of trying to jump over the holes or make sure your foot is secure between them if they were in a straight line. The heater generally goes in one corner and faces the opposite corner of the fish house. You could probably do four holes but I think it would be tight. Have fun fishing.

----------

Fishn'Lady

Yoiu could drill 4 holes, but would be quite crowded, drill 3, the middle hole being for the t ransducer, no hangups with your cord as you are bringing up fish, when the fish are biting you can not handle multiple lines effeciently anyway

That may be a bit tight especially in deeper water, your going to tangle up more then it will be worth.

I would set a tip-up wide left and right of the shack with a HT jingle bell rig on the flag if you need the extra lines in. You will hear it pop from inside the portable with no worries.

Spreading out your coverage also helps to target active fish.

------------------
Ed "Backwater Eddy" Carlson..><sUMo>

Backwater Guiding
"Ed on the RED"
(701)-281-2300

[email protected]

http://ed-carlson.fishingbuddy.com

Thanks folks,

I am going to try 3 holes - one for me and two for my son so he has a better chance of some action. I bought one of those clip-on rattle wheels and am planning hanging it from the frame on the right side of the door (my little buddies side) and then putting the heater to the other side of the door.

Thanks a lot for saving me some time with trial and error.

Leaves me more time to FISH grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

------------------
Crank the Shank!