Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Swill

Are those Otter skid things worth it?

4 posts in this topic

Has anyone seen those otter sled skids you can buy to attach to your sled? I don't have an atv or snowmobile but I was wondering if they make the otter lodge easier to pull? It has not been too bad this year, but once we get a pile of snow i will be tough...Just wondering.......

I just put a set of Otter hyfax on my Lodge. It actually slides across the garage floor easier. I read elsewhere on this Forum that the sled tracks straighter behind you when pulled my ATV or snowmobile.

I also added a set last year, but to save on wear and tear on the sled when dragging it accrossed the access to the ice. I havne't noticed it pulling any easier though...

As a side note, because I keep most of my gear in there, I bought a four wheel flat dolly from Northern to wheel around the garage easier.

TRied my Otter out today. It did feel easier pulling than a shelter without the hyfax kit. The sled also tracked right behind my ATV on corners. Usually my other Otter would swing out to the side (some) on corners.