• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2011 Iowa Team Muskie Trail

The dates are set for the 2011 season of the Iowa musky trail

Everything is close to the same as years past, one change though is the tourney hours

new is 7 to 3 on pleasant creek and 6 to 2 for the others

The other big change is the tournament host it is now hosted by the Heartland chapter of muskies inc. based out of Clear Lake.

Our purpose for these tourneys are to promote our chapter , promote musky fishing throughout the state,promote catch & release and to get together and have a good time while learning more ways to catch these great fish on our Iowa lakes.

Dates of tourneys are

Pleasant Creek May 8th

Clear Lake June 12th

Spirit Lake June 26th

West & East Okoboji August 28th

Any questions just ask anyone wanting rules and to sign up pm or e mail me and I'll get the info out to you.

LOL Don't listen to Del... if timed right yes the actions great...if timed bad it's a dead sea. 09 tourney only yeilded 1 fish in the net pre fishing but every boat saw at least 2-3 fish. Think we saw a dozen over the 2 days we were there. 2010 a bit different we only saw 3 but landed 2 of them, total take for the tourney day I think was 13 fish with 1 boat getting 3 and 2-3 others having doubles including Del and I for 2nd place.

Never mind!! blush

"Tough bite, we saw 19 fish only managed a 45 1/2" in the net on Sat pre fishing. Should have had 2 in the tourney, partner missed one right off the bat and I had one inhale a Wabull but nothing there when I swung on her. 1 fish caught in the tourney a 48" by a good friend of mine."