• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Powerpro vs. Sufix Fuse vs. Sufix 832

Even add sufix performance braid in there. I have a new rod and reel from christmas that needs some line smile I currently have the powerpro 10lb or 15lb with 4lb dia. and really like it, but some of the sufixs' will be a little easier on the pocket book. I will use it for jigging and lindy rigging. How do they compare for knots- strength and ability to tie? How about feel of the bottom and bites? And also castability? Just wondering if anyone has used them sid-by-side. Thanks for any input. Boat is coming out at the end of the month for some pool 3 or 4 action. smile Hope the flooding is not horrible by then. My bro from Jersey is coming that week and wants to do some fishing. So I guess I need to make a decision!

I'm pretty sure the suffix 832 is one of the most expensive braids out there. It is brand new and has a gore fiber in it to make it sink. Other braids float. I have heard good things about it. Power pro has always worked for me, but I would like to try 832 because of it's sinking quality. For vertical jig fishing you shouldn't notice much of a difference. The power pro might blow around a little more in the wind. I would get your river fishing in asap. I don't think anybody will be able to get out there by the end of the month if the flood forecasts are even close to correct.

I haven't use Powerpro for ages. Since 832 braid came out, I'm going to give up on Sufix Performance braid in the lighter tests. So far a quicky test on 20# has shown a slight knot strength increase. I'm getting a solid 19# knot break compared to Performance Braid of mid 18#. The real benefits is how round and smooth the line really is. 8 strands compared to 4 strands of Performance Braid. I've also been using some 20# Fireline braid and I like that one too. It's only 6 strands, so not as smooth as 832 braid. However a quick knot strength test gave me results of 24# knot break.

I keep going back to Powerpro. Some friends & I tried Spiderwire FluroBraid. We did not like it at all. My concern for Powerpro on the clearer lakes is can the fish see it. I use spinning reels so I haven't had much luck with fluorocarbon. Suggestions for walleye jigging-mono,braid with a leader ? I really like Powerpro for cranking for largemouth.

No hard numbers but I've been using Powerpro for muskie casting and have had no problems other than the coating coming off pretty quickly. I'll be trying 832 this season to see if it lives up to the hype. I've used Sufix performance braid while pulling plugs and haven't had any problems with knot strength either tying direct or to leaders. Just to add another, I gave Fireline crystal a shot on my jigging rod this year and had no performance problems but will switch this season since I just didn't like how much it looked like white floss in the water.

what kinda knot you guys use for braid? I am thinking about trying braid this year.

Palomar except when tying to another line, then it's the double uni. There are a few decent knots for braid and you just have to find the one you prefer.

Palomar knot is a good start. I personally tie a Trilene Knot becuase that is just what my hands ties best. There are certain line diameter where I find the Palomar knot to be exceptional, but most of the lines I use seems to exhibit only mediocre knot strength. Furthermore I don't seem to be able to get the consistency in line strength on the palomar knot, but the Trilene knot has been very consisent over many line types for me.

iv fished powerpro for years and im goin to 832 its less expensive then pp and just a better line period. couldnt believe the castablty and how acurate this stuff is and its strong. i got performance braid in the box still that i will proably not use and my pp stuff is all gone i had some of the suf fuse and thats the first sufix product that i found to be junk. 832 all the way GoodLuck.

... im goin to 832 its less expensive then pp...

walleye365, where are you getting the 832?? I love it, but haven't found it cheaper than PP.

I've got a few (cold water river fishing) reels loaded up with 832, but might switch the rest over if I could find it cheaper. I've always found it about 25% more expensive. Both good lines, but 832 is superior, IMO.

I'm pretty sure the suffix 832 is one of the most expensive braids out there.

I can't speak to the lighter pound test. But the heavier (80#, for example) is actually cheaper than most others. I sell 5 brands of braid in that strength and the 832 is the least expensive of all of them.

That being said, when I was at a big box store I seem to remember the lighter stuff was priced the same as the heavy stuff, which differs from other brands.

Aaron

i got it at fleetfarm in brainerd 20lb 19.99 and 50lb 19.99 i corect my self the 20lb 150yrd 832 is $4 more than the 20lb pp in 150yrd i was looking at the 300yrd pp. 50lb 832 is only $1 more than the 50lb pp 150yrd. its worth the money.

I just checked out Sufix 832 in the store today and compared to other lines, wow the stuff is like silk! I'll be spooling 80lb on all my cat and musky reels this year. Been a PowerPro guy for 6 years now but time to try something new.

How does 832 compares to Fireline braid?

At 30# and up Fireline braid is much softer and feels like smaller diameter. At 20# Fireline braid is 6 strands and 832 is still 8 strands. However Fireline braid is stronger knot strength. I averaged about 24# break while the 832 was about 19# break. That actually makes 15# Fireline braid a nice inbetween for line strength and smaller diameter needs with an average break right at the 15#. 10# I'm leaning towards 832, but that's a purchase for later.