• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

jig stick reel

Question

I bought a simple pulley type jig stick reel. It came with 6 pegs. There are holes on the reel. I would like to know what they are for and how do I use them.

2 answers to this question

Don

I've got one like you describe. I've never used the pegs, but, I'm going to offer a guess....

My guess is that you use them to mark a depth - once you find fish, set a peg in the reel, and then wind your line over the peg - so as you can't go past it with the line. This would allow you to fish bobberless - fish w/ a jig, or a jig and spring bobber.

Try it and see....

UG

Grump,

You hit the nail on the head....The peg is very useful when you fish the same spot over and over because you never have to check the depth each time. The only thing you have to do is set the depth the first time and then set the peg and you are set for each time you come back.

NEIAIceMan