Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
nunzio

Lazer Mag Ultra

Happy New Year all;
Last year I purchased a new Lazer Mag Ultra and wasn't very pleased. You almost need to sit on it to get it to cut and the holes were like a cork screw.
I then e-mailed the factory and found out that there was a recall on the drills.... sent for the new drill and WOW, what a difference!!! You have to hold her back now.
I'd never heard about this recall until I contacted the factory. The drill that was recalled was the one with the diagonal rods from the blades to the shaft.
Strikemaster also sent me a set of replacement blades, spare collar bolt and allen wrench. There are no serial numbers to go by, just the design.
I'm just glad that I looked into it before selling.

I have been looking at getting an ultra and noticed in the stikemaster 2002-2003 catalogue all the augers except the mora hand auger have diagonal braces from the blades to the shaft , also on the stikemaster web site the ultra is shown with that brace. was your replacement drill exactly the same except for the brace?? and when last year did you get it? don't know if I'm safe to assume all the ultra's in the store now have the updated drill . I hate to spend 400 bucks and not have it work right from day one. and does anyone know how the 8 inch lazer mag compares to the 9 inch utra being it's the same engine? is it worth the extra 70 bucks ?
Thanks

Enids Hubby;
The Ultra Mag comes with the 9 inch 3 blade drill. I purchased mine in Feb of 02. Strikemaster informed me that there was a small number of these defective drills. The replacement drills as well as the new ones I see in the stores have metal straps between the blades with no diagonal braces.
Can't say which is faster ( and don't want to get into that mess), I like the size of hole without going to a 10".
All of the Ultras that I've seen this year have the new drills on them.
After the new drill, I'm very pleased with my auger.

Lazer Mag makes some great drills. I have never had any problem with mine and it cuts very easy and starts on a single pull usually.

We just purchased a Lazer Ultra. Luckily I know someone that works for Strikemaster to get the scoop from. Ours had the newer style with the metal strapping between the blades and she said that could be in the defective bunch but probably not because of one little difference. If your auger has a little hole near the bottom for you to put the strap through it for the blade cover then most likely it is fine. She said if it's defective you will know it fast, it won't cut right and catch. We will see hopefully it's a good one.

----------

Hey! Your bobbers gone! shocked.gif

Fishn'Lady

Thank you for the info on the ultra,If i get one I now know what to look for .Like nunzio said all the one's he seen are the new style so I should be safe . I just hope this isn't the one fishn'lady got at Mikes!!

I got one last Dec (02) and sent the bit back and got the new one. If you push on it when its drilling it will bog the motor down but if you hod it straight up and down with just the right amount of presure it zips right through. The more holes I drill the faster it (I) gets. I like the 9" hole but I'm not sure I'd spend the extra money for the ultra again but it runs great and starts great and digs good and Strikemaster has been really good on this replacement stuff.

I too purchased the Ultra last year and was not pleased. They had me send in the drill bit and I received the new one everyone is talking about. For me, it didn't matter. It still didn't cut correctly. I thought it was just me, but I had everyone in my group this weekend try it as well, and they all had the same problem. It would cut AWESOME for the first couple of inches, but then would bind and not cut, even if you lifted it and cleared the hole before finishing. I actually just got off of the phone with Strikemaster this a.m. and they are willing to replace the 9in ultra bit with the regular 8in lazer bit. I personally think it has to do with the 3 blades and only a 2h.p engine. Either way, I'm wishing I would have stuck with my gut and just bought the tried and true 2 blade 8in instead of the newest latest and greatest that hasn't been tested too much.
By the way, when I looked at the Ultras on the floor at Galyans in Richfield, they still had the old drill bits on them, so look them over really well before buying.

Here's an update on my auger. Many of you may have read about my trouble on another forum about an UN-NAMED store. I did not mention what exactly we had but it is the Strikemaster Lazer Ultra 3 blade. Well, working with Strikemaster directly they have taken care of us. The gearbox had a bad gear and after them fixing it for us we are back in business. Yes a bad gear, no it didn't need more grease, no it wasn't just noisy, but a bad gear. The folks at Strikemaster are AWESOME!!!! They worked with us until it was right. smile.gif

----------

Fishn'Lady