• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Does High traffic shut off the bite

I was out on the Winnebago this weekend, only to find a very slow and light bite on the perch. 10 perch between 4 guys from 7 till 2 thats when my truck broke down out on the lake.(4x4 went out had to get a pull) By the way thanks to the guy that pulled me out, he unhooked and was gone before I could thank him. He did say he was happy to pull a chevy with his Ford. LOL But back to the topic, would high traffic shut off the bite. Any opinions

Fish are like everything else. They can become conditioned to anything. Look how many times you drill a hole and you catch a fish on the first drop and then nothing else. Heres another pearl. You hear all the time about people moving to find active fish. Maybe but did you try drilling a new hole 6 inches from your old hole to see if fish would come to you? They might have. Drilling doesnt always find active fish sometimes it creates active fish.

I don't know. I know there have been studies done with how augers adversly affect fish prescence in that area but results are here and there. Now from my experience, we all know there are shanty towns which produce tons of activity in that area. I'm not a towner but a loner as i'll concentrate on the outside of these areas and am usually successful. Not to say people in the towns aren't catching fish, but i'm producing faster results usually.

Was talking with a friend that lives on bago, and said it's been slow...basically they are always on the move, get a few nice ones, p/u and move...Lot of work for not a lot of numbers...I wouldn't recommend hitting bago for atleast a week right now, ice near landings is Poor due to the thaw and there are thousands of 5x5 holes out there.