• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Missouri River by Chamberlain?

Never fished it but would like to make a trip over with the boat sometime this spring.

-When do most people put the boat in?

-Regs?

-Any hazards on the river to watch out for?

-Any information would be great. Thanks

http://gfp.sd.gov/fishing-boating/docs/fishing-handbook.pdf

Go to page 16 for the regs on the Missouri.

My advice for the first time person is to follow the channel. You can usually tell where the channel is by the high bluffs. Most of the trees in the water are above the water, but there are some stumps just below. A good GPS map would be beneficial.

You can either put in at Chamberlain (two ramps - American Creek or by Cedar Shore) or drive up to Fort Thompson and put in at the dam.

A normal spring I'm fishing out there in early April. I have been out there as early as February before, but that is rare smile