• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What lake?"?"?

Gordie

Lets just say you could pick a lake I mean any lake to spear on what would it be and why.

Lets also say that for this question that all lake s in Minnesota were legal to spear pike out of.

I'm not trying to start a controversy or anything like that just wondering what you guys would choose.

Now this is all Hypothetical.

I would want to spear Cass Lake

Reason why to possibly put that fish of a life tme on the wall.

Mille Lacs Lake. Years ago I enjoyed spearing on the pond. The water was as clear as if it came out of the tap, 12-15 feet for spearing was perfect. There was an abundant population of fish to keep your interest. Often there would be 2-3 northern in the hole at one time checking out the big sucker minnow. And (at the time) sticking eelpout always kept to awake. One day I had the oppritunity to watch three northern that went well over fifteen pounds each, come in and then slowly leave. What a rush! It sure would be fun to have them days back with some of the video equipment we have now.

WS

Lets just say you could pick a lake I mean any lake to spear on what would it be and why.

Lets also say that for this question that all lake s in Minnesota were legal to spear pike out of.

I'm not trying to start a controversy or anything like that just wondering what you guys would choose.

Now this is all Hypothetical.

I would want to spear Cass Lake

Reason why to possibly put that fish of a life tme on the wall.

10 ft 3 inches from your house!!!!! whistlegrinlaugh

10 ft 3 inches from your house!!!!! whistlegrinlaugh

I see you've learned somthing Grasshopper laugh

Originally Posted By: Spearhead

That would be legal, wanna go watch fish on Mille Lacs

I have done that on cove bay and Isle bay and it is alot of fun watching skis and pike chase perch around and I have hook and lined a few nice pike that way

I speared on LOTW 10 years ago or so. We went out of Zipple with all our own gear. We set up in five feet of water and couldn't make out the bottom. Since that time I have been back twice over the years and each visit was the same. Maybe some years it's ok but I gave up on it.

WS

I speared on LOTW 10 years ago or so. We went out of Zipple with all our own gear. We set up in five feet of water and couldn't make out the bottom. Since that time I have been back twice over the years and each visit was the same. Maybe some years it's ok but I gave up on it.

WS

+1 on Zipple Bay.

BTW, I used to set up a spear house to fish for stocked rainbow trout in Northern MN. I never speared from that house, but I fished all winter through a spear hole. It was a lot of fun to watch those fincky trout.