• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Questions for permanent house!!!!!

kooba

Question

Hello all, I have a question about where to get foam for a bunk bed. I just bought a permanent house and am planning on building a couple of bunks in it. Where do I get this from? ANyone have any ideas? What did the rest of you do with your bunks. Also, have any of you heard about a hookup that will run your trailer lights and also charge your bateries at the same time?

5 answers to this question

I saw neat bunks built out of canvas with a piece of pipe ran through a continuous loop similar to camp cots. the pipes were attached to the walls into slots in a 2x4. When they weren't being used, they could simply be rolled up and put away. they looked pretty comfortable although I did not try it myself.

kooba, check out any surplus store around you, we got foam for our bunks at one. They had many sizes of foam in the store, two, four,six inch and many others also. They came in large sheets and we cut them down to fit our needs.The bunks we put up were 3/4 plywood by two feet wide and six feet long, they were hinged to the wall so when not in use they folded down and were out of the way. sweet dreams.<(((((><

I've seen several types of foam while out shopping with the wifey at JoAnn fabric and Michaels stores (gotta pay the price to get to go fishing!) They had many thicknesses/densities of foam and I don't think the prices were too unreasonable-can't verify the prices though I wasn't looking too closely just making a mental note where they were for when I'm looking for it.

Check with your local Upholstery Shop. I don't know where your shack is at, but I had some cushions made for my bunks at Solona Upholstery in Malmo,Mn. 320-684-2900. They use good quality foam and sew on a removable cover that can be taken off and washed.Price depends on size, and how fancy you get with the covers. Hope this helps.