• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

spearing decoys

7 Tine

I have gotten back into spearing the last two years after a 25 year absence,and I was looking for a little advice on finding a good source for decent decoys.

I am using a couple of plastics I bought at fleet farm.one of them works good,the other is a piece of junk,and moves like a brick in the water.I do not have the time or the artistic ability to make my own.

Any help you can offer I deeply appreciate.I have been getting a few pike,but I would like to have a decent red/white to use out there.

I always enjoy watching the forums on this site,and I have gotten some useful information in the past.thanks in advance!

3 days red and white pike decoy I made and I've seen 12 fish biggest ill post when I get home I got a 31" that came in and tried slamming it 5 times had my limit by 1220 yesterday and started the day at 9am. If you want info on this decoy email me laskasmarine at yahoo dot com talk to mj about my decoys he'll tell ya how they work!

I'm guessing ur brick decoy is a dueys... but a lot of people use them. I'm guessing ur other deak is a bear creek. Let me know if I'm right

Bruells were available at Vados on hwy 65 Spring lake park I dont know if they still have any. I have been impressed with the red and white "brick this year"

also known as a Dewey I guess. It seems to circle nicely and stop on a dime leaving the pike dead in their tracks in the middle of the chase.And guess what happens next.

I have a good story about a Laskas decoy that just happened about 10 minutes ago. I have his 11.5 inch Firetiger nord in my hole. A pike hits it full speed and gets the leader tangled up in its mouth. I pulled it up and grabbed it with my hand. The best part is that the pike is no longer than 15 inches! I have pics but Im not smart enough to get them on here. Maybe Laska will.

I have a good story about a Laskas decoy that just happened about 10 minutes ago. I have his 11.5 inch Firetiger nord in my hole. A pike hits it full speed and gets the leader tangled up in its mouth. I pulled it up and grabbed it with my hand. The best part is that the pike is no longer than 15 inches! I have pics but Im not smart enough to get them on here. Maybe Laska will.

email sent back roy, I used to have some of my newer deaks posted on here someone can bump that thread to get back into it. I dont have it saved... That "S" shape deak has a sister that still hasnt hit the water, I keep forgetting to bring it...

merkman, that is really interesting. Im going to have to try it one day. Not sure I would know what to do with the pike after since I cant release it afterwords

Just like any hunting I don't recommend it if you don't eat wild game.

Same thing as hunting deer, ducks, or whatever other wild game.

Even if you are 100% "anti-kill" It don’t mean you can’t go out there and enjoy it.

You might want to try sight fishing or shooting the wild game with a camera instead of a gun.

Im by no means anti-kill. If i gut hook a fish I have been filleting them and sticking them in a bag for a fish fry a friend and I will be having some time (Pretty much relying on his fillets cry, its gonna take a few more kills) . Problem is I wouldn't know how to fillet it or how to cook it either.

If anything I would go out with someone who is in the know about it and go from there. A friend offered today to take me bow fishing come time for open water and I will definitely take him up on that.

Problem is I wouldn't know how to fillet it or how to cook it either.

If anything I would go out with someone who is in the know about it and go from there. A friend offered today to take me bow fishing come time for open water and I will definitely take him up on that.

Come to our get to gator on the 5th of Feb

We will show you the ropes.

If you want to spear, sight fish, or tip up fish it is all good.

Cooking northerns is pretty easy.

Scrub them down really good

Cut the head off and gut them

Put tinfoil on a cookie sheet

Salt pepper and some lemon juice in the cavity

Then tent a piece of tinfoil over the top of it.

Put the whole thing in the oven and bake at 350 until the the flesh flakes.

The skin will peel right off when it is cooked.

Grab the backbone and that will pull right out also.

The y bones will be between the flakes of meat.

Once it is flaked and cooled, mix some mayo and sweet pickle relish with it.

Grab some crackers and enjoy.