• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

strikemaster mag 2000

HalloweenBuck

Sounds like something is not right with the clutch/gearbox, i would take it apart and compare to a diagram of what it is supposed to look like. should be able to find a diagram on the net somewhere, maybe strikemaster's HSOforum?

I have the same auger. When this happens to me I usually find that the choke lever has been bumped partially on.

Not saying that is your problem, what I am saying is that a fuel related issue can appear to be a bad gear box. Do not rule out fuel or a carb. adjustment. Maybe start with a fresh tank of gas and some Seafoam. (keep it simple)

My auger is approaching 15 years old and every time this happens I think gear box but that has never been the case.

This early vintage Strike Master starts on the 2nd or 3rd pull every time and I do not know If I have even replaced the spark plug on it. It has served me well but I am not sure the new models would hold up to what mine has been through...

Oh By The Way ... Yes I use Amsoil have since it was new.

I don't know about that. You said it turns fine without a load. I do not think they have more than one drive gear in them as they do not shift... Bad gears grind hear any grinding when the auger is turning ?