• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

UPDATED: HSO Bass Workshop at Thorne Bros. April 16

RK

Hiya -

<<< UPDATE: Schedule and Seminar Details Below >>>

I'm excited and pleased to announce a great chance to get fired up for the upcoming bass season, get some good deals on bass gear, and learn first-hand from some of our resident bass experts.

On Saturday, April 16th, Hot Spot Outdoors will be holding the first ever pre-season bass workshop at Thorne Brothers Custom Rod and Tackle in Blaine.

Seminar schedules and topics for the day and other details are forthcoming, but you can look forward to seminars on a variety of topics from guys like Deitz Dittrich, Cecil, Wayne Ek, Bassnspear, and yours truly; an open panel discussion on all things bass; some great deals on gear; expert help and info from the great staff at Thorne Bros., and maybe even some goodies to be given away.

If you haven't been to Thorne Bros. lately, they've developed one of the best selections of bass gear around, including a lot of stuff you simply can't find anywhere else, not to mention a great selection of rods and reels from Loomis, St. Croix, Shimano and more.

EVENT SCHEDULE

The schedule for the April 16 Bass Workshop is as follows:

10:30 AM Seminar: North Country Docks - Wayne Ek

Seminar Synopsis: Think the docks on your lake are overfished? Chances are it's just the opposite. Learn techniques and tactics the pros use to wring every possible fish from docks.

12:00 PM Seminar: Deitz Dittrich and Ray Esbolt - Drop Shotting and Deep Water Boat Control

Seminar Synopsis: Deitz Dittrich will show you the where, when, how and why of drop shotting deep bass, and whether you're drop shotting, jigging or cranking, boat control is critical when targeting deep water bass. Ray Esbolt will explore the fine points of boat control when fishing deep.

1:30 PM Seminar: Rob Kimm - Speed Plastic Systems for Clear Water Smallmouths

Seminar Synopsis: Clear water can be a challenge when you're searching for smallies. Rob Kimm shares 4 straight-forward systems for finding and catching summertime smallmouth bass in clear water, whether they're shallow, deep, or somewhere in between.

3:00 - Moderated Roundtable Discussion with speakers and guests.

Topics will include:

- Strategies for fishing new water

- Proven approaches to pre-fishing tournaments

- Whatever YOU want to discuss. Come with questions!

Besides your speakers, Thorne Brothers' expert staff will be on hand to help you find what you need for the new season.

Event Specials

Some great deals to go along with this event, so a great time to stock up for the upcoming season!

- 20% off rods

- 20% off lures

- 10% off reels

- "show special" pricing on electronics

- other in-store specials

Hope to see you all there!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leech, they do have several fly-fishing clinics/seminars through out the year. And stopping into the shop and having a chat with Scott Struif will get you all the answers you could ever want about fly fishing. If you let him, he will talk your ear off.

Leech, they do have several fly-fishing clinics/seminars through out the year. And stopping into the shop and having a chat with Scott Struif will get you all the answers you could ever want about fly fishing. If you let him, he will talk your ear off.

Thanks I'll post this on the Womans forum for her.

I was reading this thinking I would go to this to hear some words of wisdom from Dietz on Drop shoting..... just looked at softball schedule and we have a tournament in St. James Mn. that day... ugh!

I'd like to learn about how to assess a "new" lake/river - one you haven't fished before - to efficiently find fish. I want to explore some new lakes this summer, but with limited time to fish, I need to learn as much as I can about how to find "fishy" looking spots!

What time does it start?

Hey BK8 -

We haven't set the official agenda yet, but it's kind of shaping up to be a mid-morning to late afternoon affair I think. We're going to firm up details here fairly soon (as soon as I get on the stick, to be honest) so be watching here for details. We'll post them as soon as they're available.

Welcome to HSO, by the way...

Cheers,

Rob Kimm

I'd like to learn about how to assess a "new" lake/river - one you haven't fished before - to efficiently find fish. I want to explore some new lakes this summer, but with limited time to fish, I need to learn as much as I can about how to find "fishy" looking spots!

Fishing new water/prefishing strategies is something that we've kind of pointed out as a real good topic for the roundtable discussion. I think we'll get into it for sure in that forum if nothing else.

Cheers,

Rob Kimm

I agree. I think this would be a helpful topic for everyone. That along with a discussion on what types of presentations to use in different situations. I know this topic is very subjective and depends on a lot of variables, but having a basic idea when to use a drop shot vs crankbait vs jig, etc. would be helpful.

I will definitely try to be there. Looking forward to it.

Bring on the soft water!!

I would be really interested in drop shotting, and deep water tactics. I know the big girls are out deep mid summer when my shallow techniques fail.

+1 on the drop shot and deep water tactics...I want to try the drop shot this year I started fishing a couple of tourneys last summer, and the successful anglers almost all fished drop shot extensively...from early June through late fall