• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Minnow Buckets for Otter Sleds???

Dr. Bob

Question

How do you guys haul your minnows around while flying between fishing spots. How do you keep them from spilling and at the same time keep them from freezing?

I am very soon going to try my Otter Lodge for the first time and would really like to know how others handle there bait.

Thanks

8 answers to this question

I use a plastic 1 gallon thermos with a screw on lid. I try to fill it full of water. That way they don't get splashed around so much. The only thing is the lid will sometimes freeze up a bit. A little muscle breaks it free.

I use the styrofoam bucket that fits in a plastic pail. It's a little way down from the top.
Set it on the back of the wheeler, couple of bungee's and away we go.
The other trick is to leave the minnow dip net in the pail. the minnows will bunch up in the net to hide/ride out the storm...lol
racer

Thanks for all the tips guys. I'm going to have to take a look at the frabil buckets and see how they look.

I also like the 3 gallon water jug idea alot. I think that would work good when you are flying down the lake at 50 mph. Maybe put it inside a pail and pack it into a corner to keep it from rolling around???

I use the frabill and put it in a 5 gallon
pail it never tips over well maybe I shouldnt say never there has been a couple
long nights on the lake if you know what I mean but hey that can happen to anyone