Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Norco

Play in the auger arm

7 posts in this topic

I just got a used Jiffy 3hp and it works great. The motor starts on one pull but I noticed that there is a little play where the auger arm conects to that plate that turns the auger. Is it normal for it to have some play?? I used my allen key to tighten the bolt which connects the units togther.
Thanks for the help

its normal to have a little. But its difficult to say when its too much with no way of measurement.

It seems to drill holes fine and work all right. I was not sure if there should be any play there but I guess there should be.

I have a new 3Hp Jiffy with the 10" blade as well. Mine also has the play you are referring to -- I think this is normal. Mine cuts great but the idle is a bit rough...may have to play with the carb settings in the future.

You could cut open a aluminum beverage can and wrap the shaft, trim aluminum until it fits snug and retighten the bolt. Very easy bushing

------------------
Ret-ro!! :)

If you put anything like aluminum to steel coat the surfaces with some kind of anti-sieze compound or it with really make a permanent bond to each other. I don't think you want that.

I also have the 3 hp jiffy with a 10 inch auger, it also had the play thats being talked about here, but now its gotten pretty bad. there has to be something wrong with the weight of the 10 incher that causes this.