• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fish Finders, Now or Later?

Reefdawg75

Question

Is this the best time of the year to by fish finders? If not, when is? I am currently looking at the Lowrance X91, X71, 240 LMS and the Garmin 240. It is difficult to weigh advantages VS disadvantages when comparing the models. I would like to see some opinions on theses mid-priced units. And maybe some one can answer why Lowrance introduced all new models last year and are now changing all of their models this year. Did they come out with some new features or what? Doesn't it seem odd that Lowrance made the X85 for years, and now they are changing their models on a yearly basis?
Thanks,
Reefdawg

5 answers to this question

I got the Lowrance X-91 for X-Mas and it seems to be a great unit based on the research that I did. For the best price go to cabelas.com. They currently have the X-91 on sales for 299.99 and they even threw in a free RAM mount. Unfortunately, I do not know why Lowrnace is changing their models again. Good luck.

Tell me about it!!! I got my Dad a new Eagle last year for Christmas, but told him to not take it out of the plastic until the Cabela's spring catalog arrived in the mail (easiest way to discover if there's new models). Sure enough, totally redesigned models. So he sent it back to me and I exchanged it at the store for a new one. Now... I see in the spring catalog that arrived yesterday, that his 120 pixel graph has been replaced by a 320 pixel for the SAME PRICE!!! Hope my FL-18 doesn't become obsolete that fast!

------------------
Best FISHES,
Matt

Doesnt look like they are changing models. Looks like they have added to their line. The X-97 is a 320x320 pixel with 3,200 watts compared to the x-91 at 240x240 pixels.

By the way, Reeds has the LMS-240 with GPS for 399.99 right now. Great unit, my buddy paid $539.99 for his at Cabelas last summer.

------------------
MILLE LACS AREA GUIDE SERVICE
651-271-5459 http://fishingminnesota.com/millelacsguide/
click here