Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
  • RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
WalleyeChamp

SHED HUNTING THREAD - PICs INCLUDED

Last year we had a great 1-Post Shed hunting forum. Just wondering if you guys want to keep them all in one place again? IT seemed to work well!

I see a few have dropped already. I can't wait to get out!

Yea thats one of my favorite things on here. Its nice to see what everybody finds. Still early tho its gonna be a month at least before bones start rollin in

I will be looking this wkd as some deer have definetely yarded up in our area. I would love to find an early shed. Can't wait till pics start rolling in. I will post as soon as I find some. Might be a couple of weeks yet.

I'm wondering if they will drop a little earlier this year with the no doubt added stress to the deer. Winter hit a little earlier than other years.

Trailcams have really aided my search, I used to think they shed way earlier than they did, just figured I missed them, so some guys you might be in an area where March is primetime like I am, early thaws stink because the bucks have barely started shedding, bucks disperse, use your t-cam to the fullest. It is not out of the norm for us to see racks yet in very late March/early April not clear as to the why but areas vary a lot and I used to blame not finding any as bad luck, little did I know prior to Valentine's day was a waste of effort, the T-cam has been very valuable.

Good point Musky! I'm finding that all areas drop at completely different times. 20 miles from where I'm at I hear guys saying that full headgear is common well into March and I start in Jan. Trail cams will help a TON so you're not wasting time and not spooking everything from their area too!

they are already dropping boys! a out of state family christmas party has my weekend all tied up, but i plan to get the drop on some sheds here soon!

Saw a nice sized buck cross the road right in front of the truck Friday evening by Red lake. No horns on the buck. At first I thought it was a doe but the neck was too large to be a flat top.

No deer horns here yet, but my buddy has found 4 sheds and one nice 9 pt. skull. I did get out for some shed hunting though and got my first moose sheds. Although they dont look like it they are a match set. Saw him before I went to get his sheds...

2010-12-19145651.jpg

2010-12-19145830.jpg

2010-12-19151546.jpg

Just to the left of the brush you can see the tines sticking up if you look close.

2010-12-19151730.jpg

2010-12-19152441.jpg

Tonka! did u find those moose this year already?

are those pen moose? smile look awfully white to me

Yeah I found them this year. Wasnt a pen moose though smile The whitetails are really starting to drop them good now too locally. Went out today and saw a bunch of shed out bucks but no horns today.

Awesome job TonkaBass! By the looks of the terrain I'm guessing Northwestern MN for the paddles? I have not been out shed hunting yet, but got my first picture on the deer cam with one side missing(Polk Cty, WI) Have you seen a lot of bucks around the metro dropped yet? Once bow season ends in WI, I will be going full bore!

I saw 8 shed bucks yesterday, one with one side, and 5 with both sides still. Just depends on the spot. Some are really dropping right now though. Thanks to mother nature they are getting buried more by the day...

No doubt the deer are really dropping statewide. But no doubt they are being buried by snow statewide too. Haven't made it out yet. About the time the trails get good for walking it snows again. April could be a good shed month this year!!

Cool moose sheds!!

CJ

Found my first shed of the year two weeks ago. My trail cams are showing me that nearly all the bucks in the Somerset area have lost their racks. I've only gotten one picture in the last week of a buck that still has both sides.

Normally they drop the other side within 40 yrds or so, but they can walk around with just one side for a couple weeks before the other side falls off too.

i have found matching sets within 5 feet of each other and as far as 100 yards from each other but never farther than that. I have found lots of one sided sheds on a 150 acre property where the other was never found, not sure where they are!

WOW. It sounds like you guys are seeing some good action already. It's too bad they keep getting covered up. We could use a good 2 weeks without snow so we can get out and find some!

I found these two yesterday near Henderson. I would have liked to seen the other half of the rack still attached.

full-30685-4645-2010_12_3011.40.03.jpg

full-30685-4646-2010_12_3011.40.11.jpg