• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Daily Satellite Photo

This is a useful HSOforum that I frequent during ice in and ice out. Takes a photo every day. As long as it's not cloudy, shows you just what you need to see in regards to ice/open water. Also shows the algae bloom in September. You can also zoom in/out. Make sure you have the right day selected. Dec. 10th and 11th are good ice shots.

http://ge.ssec.wisc.edu/modis-today/inde...esolution=1000m

Check out how much open water there is on WFB, Crow, and Dryberry there is on the 12th and then on the 13th all of those lakes are totally locked up...pretty sweet. I read a resort's ice report from 12/9 saying crow and WFB were both totally froze over haha they obviously didn't see these photos.

I called Nestor Falls yesterday and Gordy said there was no more than 6" of composite ice and 3" of clear ice in Sabaskong Bay. NOBODY had been out yet. That pretty much killed our plans for a Christmas ice trip. I don't hate fish that much anymore to risk thin ice.