• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

FishTrap Problem

Question

I recently got a Fish Trap guide and have a question for anyone who may be able to help... From what I understand, this is a change to the older design. The canvas cover attaches with small bolts and nuts to the sled (I think this used to be a clamp of some sort). The directions state pretty clearly that the canvas is to be wrapped around the lip of the sled so that the bolt goes through the inside of the sled, through the canvas on the outside bottom of the sled to the nut. When you do this, however, the door or porch doesn't fold down all the way to the ice or ground since the canvas is stretched too tight. It is about 3-5 inches off the ground.

I noticed at Gander Mountain, the floor model had the canvas attached to the top of the sled (not wrapped underneath). Thus, the canvas was less tight and the door portion could go down to the ground. The directions clearly state that this canvas is to be wrapped underneath the lip however. With it attached on top, it appears that you would get some draft and/or snow between the sled and the canvas as well...

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

I replied to the other thread going on this topic. I did get a new canvas from Fish Trap - I talked to a lady, not sure who though...

It is better, but still short. I definitely can't use it on the highest pole settings, not even very close (without a gap that is)...

I've been putting the poles on the lower settings and packing it in with slush... I'm not sure if this is how they are suppose to be?? Anyone with a newer model guide out there?? The only thing that I know was changed is the bolt in on the back of the trap, rather than the gasket deal...