Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SCHAAKATTACK

opinions wanted on "The Winnie" portable...

4 posts in this topic

Hello fishing world!! Looking for anyone who wants to throw there 2 cents in the hat. I went to fleet farm today. Unfortunately I could not take one home because they ran out of stock. I picked up a raincheck for it(due 1-12-03)So does anyone else out there have one of these?

Shaakattack,

A friend of mine has one. It seems to be a good unit for the money. It takes a bit more time to set up than most portables. More loose poles to deal with. It won't fit in the box of my Supercrew but that has a very short box. Other than that its a very comfortable unit to fish out of.

I bought one at Fleet Farm also…I think it is great I use the new style collapsible fold up chairs and a Rubbermaid container for a center table. It also holds most of my gear. I also have a 22-foot chain I bring with to throw down along the lower flaps. It beats shoveling snow to bank it besides there isn’t any snow this year.
One thing I would do right away while assembling it, I went back and redid mine after I originally assembled it. On the side of the sled you bolt the canvas to, buy (4) bolts an inch longer and hang a short chain (10 inches or so) between the two out side holes.
This does two things it gives you a place to tie your ice anchors to and gives you decent handles when it is all collapsed down for easy loading. I would also buy a travel cover for it right away. I keep mine on a small trailer and it is a must.

I also like mine. It seems to be a good unit for the money. I like the extra two poles in the front for holding the canvas down in windy weather. It fits in my Chevy shortbed just fine.
Paul S

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• I have nothing good to say about his presidency
    • So they called Reilly back up, but part of me is kind of hoping that Prosser plays. Earlier this year he was very solid. You never get elite level from him, but I think he was dependable out there and I have been a big critic of his for a long time. The ceiling is obviously higher for Reilly and I want him to be a regular at some point, but if he isn't going to get 10 mins a night he is better off in Iowa and play Prosser. What impresses me are these numbers: 141 goals for (Tied 4th), 96 goals against (tied #2), +45 differential (#2). When was the last time a Wild team was in the top 5 in goals scored? We have a very balanced team and it is fun to watch, which this balance is also why slumps by Parise and Pominville don't kill this team or at least haven't until this point. I will say it again, I was a huge proponent of signing Staal. NO, I didn't think he was going to be leading our team in scoring, but what I was excited about was that it would mean that Coyle/Granlund could play wing where they should be. Those two are playing great overall and both have been playing wing pretty much entire season thus far. We can also thank Gravovac for his role too because without him, one of the two would be playing center most likely.
    • I didn't get nearly as much done as I wanted, but I was able to take my new fish house out on the ice last weekend.  Fishing was slow for most of the weekend, but we had a good time otherwise.   I have some of the lights and tv mounted up temporarily till I start putting up the carsiding.  I'm just a little nervous about starting on the carsiding until I know exactly how to do my lift bunks.  I'd hate to put all that up and realize I don't have my furring in the right spot.   Furnace ducts are also ran temporarily, they'll be covered by cabinets when it's all said and done.  Most of the day saturday we didn't need the furnace anyways.  The sun kept it 10 degrees higher than what we set the furnace at!   Right now she's nothing pretty, but she got the job done without any problems on her initial trip.
    • Cooter ol' pal,  I think maybe you tend to skip over your inherent decency when you refer to President Obama as " a POS" My guess is you actually have a little more respect than that for a man to did the heavy lifting for the US for eight years and,  on more than one occasion,   has proven he is a decent man who really cares about the issues we face. You can disagree of course with some things-or all things for that matter-the man has done but he DOES deserve your respect. He is definitely not,  as you put it "a POS" and I'd guess you really have more class than that.
  • Our Sponsors