Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SCHAAKATTACK

opinions wanted on "The Winnie" portable...

4 posts in this topic

Hello fishing world!! Looking for anyone who wants to throw there 2 cents in the hat. I went to fleet farm today. Unfortunately I could not take one home because they ran out of stock. I picked up a raincheck for it(due 1-12-03)So does anyone else out there have one of these?

Shaakattack,

A friend of mine has one. It seems to be a good unit for the money. It takes a bit more time to set up than most portables. More loose poles to deal with. It won't fit in the box of my Supercrew but that has a very short box. Other than that its a very comfortable unit to fish out of.

I bought one at Fleet Farm also…I think it is great I use the new style collapsible fold up chairs and a Rubbermaid container for a center table. It also holds most of my gear. I also have a 22-foot chain I bring with to throw down along the lower flaps. It beats shoveling snow to bank it besides there isn’t any snow this year.
One thing I would do right away while assembling it, I went back and redid mine after I originally assembled it. On the side of the sled you bolt the canvas to, buy (4) bolts an inch longer and hang a short chain (10 inches or so) between the two out side holes.
This does two things it gives you a place to tie your ice anchors to and gives you decent handles when it is all collapsed down for easy loading. I would also buy a travel cover for it right away. I keep mine on a small trailer and it is a must.

I also like mine. It seems to be a good unit for the money. I like the extra two poles in the front for holding the canvas down in windy weather. It fits in my Chevy shortbed just fine.
Paul S