• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New York Ice fishing Reports

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Managed to trudge out to some perch waters on Thurs. Fishing was slow but managed to ice a couple of nice yellows and my buddy Gene had 3 jumbos.

ice120.jpg

Generated some excitement when I thought I had a good walleye grin but after a solid fight this guy showed up shocked .

ice1201.jpg

Walking was pretty rugged and with the "gift" we received yesterday I'm afraid our icefishing activities have come to a halt for a while.

Hit Erieville this morning with a buddy. Was expecting the worst but found very favorable conditions. 3-4" of snow and pretty easy walking as most of the slop had firmed up. Ice was good at 7-8 black and 2-3 white.We caught about a dozen decent perch 9-13" and threw back about 2 dozen just under the 9" mark on the sled. 2 smallies 14" and 12" and 1 large mouth at 15". Weather was great at about 10 degrees and the occasional breeze. Might get out again tmro just not sure where...

Steelers and the Pack just wish they were playing a cold climate game with crappy footing, old school football, open air stadium. I think it will be a an instant classic. Both teams are pretty even but I gotta go with experience and the AFC North. Wavin the towel! We picked up another 3-4" of snow in Rome last night and light snow right now. mad

Congrats DC and you too Lee. Should be one of the better superbowls when these two powerhouses meet. Thought the Steelers would best the Jets but not by the complete dominance they exhibited in the 1st half.

Good fishing with you guys Tank, glad you guys came up to fish Z, Craig, TT and I. The morning to noon was a grind and I probably may have added a couple more fish running two rods vs one but I finished with 13 nice ones, 6 or 7 throwbacks including a pin pike. Lost a real nice perch at the hole, it was probably one of the bigger perch I caught this year, it was fun grinding away.

oneidaperch001.jpg

Fished with Tim and Phil today off the north Shore of Oneida and it was dead. Between the three of us 9 or 10. Caught my fish in 34.5' and couldn't scratch a bite in shallow... Left at 12:30 p.m. slush pockets are getting larger we need a serious thaw or refreeze quick.

Fished a little north of the beach this mornin. Walking was great except for the huge slush patch a couple houndred yds off shore, stay on the sled tracks and ur fine, 1 step right or left and ur in to your shins. Once you get past it its smooth sailin. My buddy broke a rod tryin to horse a very large eye at the hole. His inexperience had him tryin to yank it up thru a 6" hole on its first pass. very slow day after that. marked few fish and put 3 perch on the ice from the tips. 12" of ice some white but mostly black.. Not a ton of people out either..

If anyone wants girl scout cookies let me know. You will be supporting daisy girl scouts troop 108.

have a good week and maybe we will see ya on the ice next weekend..

Lebanon Reservoir. Just got this from Ray Mazza that a guy fell in today and fortunately got out unharmed. He was lucky over deep water. Their is an extreme weight load of snow, water and slush on the ice now in Central New York so be extremely careful if you venture out.

Well, the curse of TimmyToe continues... shocked

Tank and I headed to one of my favorites this morning, Owasco. On the way there I get a txt from Timmy that hes joining us. Great I think to myself, pound some sunnies with the Toe.

The fishing was great but the catching was the worst we ever had there! We drilled tons of holes and covered lots of ground. Quite a few small perch in the morning and a hadfull of sunnies in the afternoon. Oh well, we had a good time anyways...

Great pics King.

Fished out of Chapman today. Walkin wasnt bad on the way out at 7am but things had softened up at 5 when we came in. Set up in 22' and was on fish instantly and continously all day. Never found the perfect combination but in trying we got lots of dinks and many just under that magic mark. Put a few decent ones in the freezer but didnt hurt the population too bad. Caught my first ever burbut. They fight like crazy on a hand line from a tip up and they sure are a homely lookin creature... Ice was a solid 12" No water comein up thru where we were. lots of slush spots but still some solid stuff to walk on. lots of people out there today enjoyin a nice day..

Tank and I headed south for the afternoon today. Drilled alot of holes but ended up with about 2 dozen fish. Mostly perch, a few gills and 3 crappies. Biggest was 14.5 grin

Flash wasn't on for this pict and it came out kinda neat, I thought...

full-1130-5770-003.jpg

Headed south on sat to perch lake #2 grin

Getting to the lake was a chore - had to bust through knee deep snow to get on the ice. Walking was decent on the lake.

Had to weed through tons of little ones but we ended up with 60 real good ones!...

Nice fish King, real nice crappie Jay. Fished Jewel yesterday - had to work hard to get a few to bite but well worth the effort. Ended up with 10 of which 6 were real nice. Many lookers but few takers. Definitely a finesse day.

ice2121.jpg

ice212.jpg

Very nice Pman.

Hit sylvan beach again this am. Couldnt even find an old snowmobile trail to follow out. Walkin was ok but was breakin thru the crust in a few spot into 8" of fluffy snow. Saw no evedence of slush any where. Fished 715till bout 10 in 20' and marked a few fish and discovered " this is why it doesnt look like anyone had been fishin out here in a while ". I picked up a couple of smallies the biggest at 16" (what a hog). and a shorter one. My buddy grabbed 2 eager bitin perch and a 4" eye. That was it. Fished our way back in but not takers.. Didnt see many people out in any direction. Thankfully I drug the power auger out as the 14+" of ice is real solid...

Hit the east end with Fishingking on Sunday down by the park and the water was murked up pretty good fished from 9' out to 22' and marked 5 suspended fish in 4 hours cry Probably fishing tomorrow, weather looks decent. Walking wasn't to bad after negotiating the snow fence.