• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New York Ice fishing Reports

Hi guys I know its been a while and I am looking forward to another ice season with the NY Gang. Jay sorry I have been kinda AWOL on the site longer than I would like but I just kind of been in a funk lately and am starting to get excited about the important things in life like fishing. I will be checking in more often, I have to tell you that Dark Clouds, Fishingking and everybody elses posts in this forum particularly are the best therapy for me until I can get back to work. With that out of the way I am here to proclaim that the Richfield Springs diner is open at 6 a.m. and the S.O.S over bisguits with hashbrowns is better than ever.

dinerg.jpg

A perfect spot to fuel your body for a funfilled day of tip upping laugh right Tim? Me and the King fished our spot on Cando and ice conditions were ok south but not out front. Shore ice out solid 3" when you got past 9.5' of water in front it was 1 3/4" to 2" so be careful. like Tim and I were Tim spudded ahead and I followed behind with the rope and the Showdown Ice Troller as we checked ice and probed for weed edges and fish.

We settled in to to fishing with tip ups and jigging Tim and I and had a blast and I brought home 14 nice perch, thanks mostly to Tim's tip-ups and a few jigging like this first drop which whacked my snack pack.

1stcandoperch2010001.jpg

Looking forward to fishing this a.m. with my daughter at Youngs lake and will report when I get back!

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a good time on the lake with Amanda today. Nice to be on a solid 6" of ice. Amanda caught 30 fish by her self in 3 plus hours. I am proud of her, she did great. Left at 1 p.m. She hit the trifecta on species. We stopped at McD's on the way back for some fries to munch on the way home. After the fries she fell asleep. Great father and daughter day.

amandaanddad001.jpg

amandaanddad002.jpg

amandaanddad003.jpg

Nice 9"

amandaanddad004.jpg

Not bad for a dancer.. laughlaugh

amandaanddad005.jpg

Timmy - nice to hear that your doing better and congrats on a great day with your daughter. Funny how the ice set on on the big C, good thing you warned folks about the iffy areas.

Somebody told me that Todd was planning on taking his daughter fishing. You know, the 27 year old laugh.

Have a good one guys, hoping to get out on Friday maybe. John and I fished Sandy Pond today. Pretty much as expected, caught somewhere in the range of a couple of hundred each. Fish in just about every hole but size was definitely an issue. John had a limit and I was happy with the 20-25 I kept. No jumbos to speak of some 11s but mostly 9" and 10". Ice is decent and snow cover is not all that bad except have to deal with slush sticking to your skis or sled. Hit some good size northerns to, helped John land a 24".

Oh come on Lee . . .you've already been scouting . . .on another site they were talking about a lone guy in the "you know where area" . . .you know your spot and they thought the guys was crazy and should be careful. We know who it was!!

Hey Franky...are you trying to bump up your post count or is the old age making you forget what you were going to say???

I will be out Fri, Sat, Sun and Mon this weekend. If anyone is free one of those days, let me know. People were fishing in 19FOW off of Jewel today...crazy mo fo's

Hey Franky...are you trying to bump up your post count or is the old age making you forget what you were going to say???

I will be out Fri, Sat, Sun and Mon this weekend. If anyone is free one of those days, let me know. People were fishing in 19FOW off of Jewel today...crazy mo fo's

whistle

Nice job Timmy getting Amanda on some fish!

Wow! It must be ice season and christmas all in one??? Lee and AW came out of the woodwork... whistle

I got of of work mid-day today and Tank n Billy picked me up and we headed south. Big winds on top of the Mountain Crappie Lake, almost unbearable. We poked around and ended up with 2 dozen crappies. They were scattered and negative but workable cool

full-1130-4518-004.jpg

Nice crappie brother Vassil... We.. well i struck out on the the north shore of the Big "o" today. Ice conditions varied from 1 3/4" in front of the camps to 4.5 to 5" out to 32' Oneida is making ice quick with little snow cover and an icy cold breeze blowing across it when we left. Freddy caught a couple stragglers and we ended up marking some fish that were totally negative, good size marks and probably suckers. Good time with you Freddy and we sure did cut alot of holes searching for a flicker on the screen, tough day..

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.

Hope Santa brings us some decent size fish. Did the Darago Dinks game today with MV Joe - pretty disappointing outing considering the body of water we were on. Ice is in excellent shape for early ice and easy walking.

I think I'll be hitting BB in the morning if anyone is interested? Give me a shout or a text and we can hook up. I'm going to fish the morning bite then have to get home and put a loft bed together, the things dads do.......

Finally - after a couple of initial outings of futility we finally did something right. The only mistake I made was to fish with some "eye pros". My buddy John, Chris and his friend all limited, Joe had 2 and Bruce 1. All nice eyes. Oh, by the way, in case your wondering, 3 pin pike was all I could manage. But, I won the perch derby by landing 5 jumbos. Sorry no pics of the eyes but hopefully a few pictures of the yellows will be attached. We also caught some big silver bass/white perch, whatever. All I know is that they fight pretty hard. Ice was in good shape, walking was easy. Fished out of edgewater.

Thunder didn't see your post about going out today. John told me he saw you at Marion. I would have been there but I got into the wine last night. Tough to get up around 4am after you overdo the wine thing but enjoyable nonetheless. Planning on going out on Tues.

ice101.jpg

ice103.jpg