• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New York Ice fishing Reports

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

King - looks like I won't be able to make it down this week. Maybe next week, the ice should hold baring some calamity. Heard there was a bit of excitement on Oneida this morning. A friend of mine had to wade through waist high water to get back to shore - not fun.

Franky, how you doing? Missed the outing with you guys a while ago.

itchy trigger finger from a poor hunting season. Thought I could cure it by some ice fishing . . .but either too many dinks or too many yoyoing . . .but still ice fishing is ice fishing. Don't like the forecast for this weekend but if you don't go, you don't know. Besides my suit floats.

Spent a few days down to camp with the guys this weekend. On friday we scouted out some good ice and crappies... cool

full-1130-18317-002.jpg

full-1130-18318-004.jpg

On sat we had a group there and everyone ripped into the crappies pretty good! Ice was getting junky quick though...

full-1130-18320-012.jpg

Mostly 11-12 inch fish but Tank got one 14.5! grin

full-1130-18319-005.jpg

Tank my get up north to fish with that Hippie from Madison Co but I have a feeling that was my last trip...

Very nice guys...... the ice is still here for at least another 10 days and should be fishing into April no problem in the dacks. Gotta love fishing in T-shirt weather with nobody else around and plenty of safe ice. smile

King

Have to agree with you. I'll be there on Saturday with Cindy . . .she should have a ball with the dinks, but one never knows what may show up. Josh's 3lb smallie showed that. We all got a handful of decent perch with my 13 incher taking the prize. It is always interesting to see the entertainment when three shelters are within 10 feet of each other fishing deep . . . you are guaranteed to have it sound like someone has a double . . .hey, there is a line around my fish!!

Fished Erieville today. My last trip out for this year. Ice was good 8 In of black with 2 In of frozen snow. Fishing was slow ended with 11 nice perch.They were picky today but did not see a lot neither. Nice to get out with Dougie.

Be careful out there guys things are not safe on 99.9% of the lakes. There are reports of guys (some I know personally) going through the ice around the state. I know guys that have traveled all over the Adirondacks to only find safe ice on small ponds.

Timmy-toe and I hit the ice today along with 3 of my buddies. Ice conditions were good to sketchy... some areas had 4" black 2" white other areas 2" black 1" water 2" water. We got fishing by 10am and the fish were negative until 3pm then we starting hitting crappie and a few gills everyone ended up with 7-10 keeper crappie and a few keeper gills. Slow for first ice but we got her done. 2 of my buddies today drove all over central/southern Adirondacks yesterday and this morning and only found safe ice on 2 lakes one of which we were fishing on. Mad dog