• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

FishTrap Guide cover

SouthernMinnyRookie

Question

8 answers to this question

I tried Fleet in Alex, Lakeville, and Rochester. No one had one. I will try Galyns on my way back up to Alex in 2 weeks.

Not to be stupid, but what is USL?

Do many people use these? Are they worth it? I was thinking it would help primarily for summer storage. I also think they would help keep snow out when I pull behind the 4 wheeler. That is, if we ever get snow!!!

Thanks for the help everyone!
SMnRookie!

These are great. I wouldn't be without one. Unless, and I mean UNLESS, you never do anything with your Guide except pull it in and out of a pickup bed covered with a topper and fish right next to the pickup on the ice.

Any other time you're haulting your Trap anywhere that it's not protected, falling snow and snow from the sled/wheeler gets into the trap, turning to water when it gets warm inside the trap (and turning lots of stuff wet that's inside) and then freezing to ice and causing all kinds of trouble.

Plus, the cover holds stuff inside the Trap well, and takes the wear and tear off the canvas tent when you're traveling.

They're $35 to $40, and worth every penny. But I've noticed that most outlets order in a supply in fall and don't re-order when they go out of stock. So if you can't find one locally, don't wait, log onto the USL site linked here earlier and order one.

[This message has been edited by stfcatfish (edited 01-14-2003).]

I was at The Bobber Shop this weekend in Mankato and I think I remember seeing a bunch of the covers there but I'm not sure cuz I already have one so was not looking for that. I would call them first.
Dave