• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Winter Weather reports 2010/2011

I figured it was officially winter NOW winkcool it is 28* here in the valley and there is about an inch of snow on the ground Woo Hoo.Let It Freeze Let It FREEZE I Hope everyone has a safe and productive ice season and at least save me a few untill I get there grin.

Iv'e been wating for you to start your Wilson the Weatherman reports. grin We had 23 degrees one morning a few weeks ago and I almost started this winters weather thread, but I left it to you... whistle

I get to spend the day with TimmyToe tomorrow. crazy

Hopeing for a good turnout at the Gander Ice event. They have a ton of free goodies stockpiled to give out...

Thunder now that it's official, let the games begin grin. Looks like nightime lows in the high to mid 20s for this weekend and nightime lows in the teens for most of next week.

Hope to see you guys at the show next weekend.

Goodluck with the show this weekend.

King - had me going for a while there. Safe ice by next weekend seems doubtful but if there is some around I'm sure you will find it. Hope the massive amount of runoff from last weeks showers didn't dirty the waters real bad. Be nice to be on the pond before Christmas.

Thunder - I think Timmy said exactly the same thing "not that I need anything but it doesn't hurt to look" at the diner in Richfield last year laugh. I know what you mean, I've got lures I haven't used in years and I still buy more. Looking forward to using the "Thunder special" on those Oneida Lake jumbos this year. I've been walking up and down my basement stairs 20 times a day to get ready for that little hill in Jewell crazy.

Going to the show on Friday hope to see you guys then.

22* and 4 inches of snow on the ground sunday I took a drive to a few small lakes south of me and there were a few backsets skimmed over.The water levels on the small lakes are high from that rain that we had but some calm nights might skim them over grin.

Been getting pounded as well the inches are piling up at least its only light fluffy stuff smile This should chill the water down more. With the next 2-3 nights lows in the single digits and low teens with the low wind speeds some small lakes should be locking up One more week and it should be no problem getting out might even try this upcoming Sunday gotta shoot a deer though before I start icefishing smile

I have about 10 inches of snow on the ground light fluffy stuff also 23* out right now wind is light cool.

King good luck on the deer hunt it would be nice to see some pics on the ice to get us all jacked up. I never made it to e28 last year I am looking foward to a trip there early ice whistle.

Yeah Thunder thats just a lovely report. The 2nd day of January and all you see is green, green, green. Went out with Glen for a while yesterday, will report later, and the ice was pretty soft already. Continued mild temps and rain will do wonders for it.

On the bright side, good day to wash that Toyota!!! Have a good day, need to meet up on the hard water.

Thunder - thanks for the report. That amount of snow on top of what was already on the lakes makes the lakes we fish south of you just about unfishable. We need a fn thaw.

We need 2 more 50 degree days then back down in the teens 2c

When all said and done the snow was up to my knees (about 20") and it was heavy stuff that was compacting as soon as it built up some depth. The lakes are a fun slushy mess smile walked through snow/slush today and yesterday that was half way up to my knees woo hoo fun stuff