• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

FL-22 HD

HaRdWaTeR jUnKy

I just upgraded from the Fl-8 to the FL-22. My Dad purchased the FL-8, I think in 97-98 somewhere in there. We have not had one thing go wrong with it. I have been using it religously the last three years, with no problems. For this reason only, is why I bought the 22.

Don't think you can go wrong either way. They both do about the same things,(not sure if the humminbird has the equivalant of the tri beam transducer) I guess it comes down to duribility and customer service. Hope this helps.

need someone out there that has used one to convince me to buy one, in the market for the new flasher and im debating between the 22 and the bird 55, any other inputs would be great too!

First off, do you do most of your fishing in 60' of water, or less? If you fish deeper than 60', than a different model like the Vexilar FL-20 with the New Tri Beam, would better suit your needs.

If you do not fish deep water, then in my opinion, new Vexilar FL-22 HD is ideal.

I have been fishing with an FL-8 model that is about 20 years old. I have never had a problem except having to buy a new Battery. Every few years I open it up and clean it up really good. I love it!! Vex makes a good quality item. I am looking at getting rid of my 8 and upgrading to a 22 I figure that will last me the rest of my life. I have not had any experience with the Birds but just like any other product people love both and I have heard good things about the 55 also. Its really to your preference.

Well i think im going with the vex, that bird is pretty sweet unit in itself! i never fish in 60+ feet of water and really dont plan too, mostly 6-20 foot sometimes 30 ft holes at the most. Interference shouldnt be a problem i was the only one the past few years with a marcum everyone else had vex's so im gonna hop on the wagon! Thanks for your feedback and goodluck this season!